SAU Community

Thinking Of Buying A Skyline For A First Car

NSW DK

Hey lads, Im really new to cars and was thinking of buying a skyline preferably a r36 (they out yet?) for a first car when i get my p's next year (march) I want to build the car from the ground up i want to be fast and good looking my budgets around 150-180k. I was wondering would this be a good car im a good driver dont worry been driving since i was 13. Can you guys give me some advice the pro's and cons of buying a skyline or if i should be buying a skyline rather than another car? THANKS guys ! :D

Follow me on Insta:

2.jpg

Pros: of buying the skyline on your ps to drive legally on the road. you drive a skyline...

Cons: cops will love you.. youl be slower the old bogan mate in his commondore. Oh and did i mention the cops will love you! Youl get over it quickly

Honestly your better off buying a little run around car for your P's and saving your money to buy a gtt when your off your Ps. Youl have a better base to begin plus you wont have to do the whole +turbo conversion and to do it legally itl cost you more then a gtt plus it wont be any better then a stock gtt. Its been said a million times wait till your off you Ps. One of the guys on here did the conversion and he knows his stuff.. he said its not worth your time

If you dont plan on driving it untill off your Ps then dont buy it and wait.. itl be to much temptation to drive it and youl most likely get caught if you do..

I know its hard to wait but it is the best thing to do.

Good luck

P.s your in the wrong thread mate

• Like 2

Hey lads, Im really new to cars and was thinking of buying a skyline preferably a r34 for a first car when i get my p's next year (march) I want to build the car from the ground up i want to be fast and good looking my budgets around 15-18k. I was wondering would this be a good car im a good driver dont worry been driving since i was 13. Can you guys give me some advice the pro's and cons of buying a skyline or if i should be buying a skyline rather than another car? THANKS guys ! :D

A little cocky don't you think?

• Like 2

Hey lads, Im really new to cars and was thinking of buying a skyline preferably a r34 for a first car when i get my p's next year (march) I want to build the car from the ground up i want to be fast and good looking my budgets around 15-18k. I was wondering would this be a good car im a good driver dont worry been driving since i was 13. Can you guys give me some advice the pro's and cons of buying a skyline or if i should be buying a skyline rather than another car? THANKS guys ! :D

Pros: of buying the skyline on your ps to drive legally on the road. you drive a skyline...

Cons: cops will love you.. youl be slower the old bogan mate in his commondore. Oh and did i mention the cops will love you! Youl get over it quickly

Honestly your better off buying a little run around car for your P's and saving your money to buy a gtt when your off your Ps. Youl have a better base to begin plus you wont have to do the whole +turbo conversion and to do it legally itl cost you more then a gtt plus it wont be any better then a stock gtt. Its been said a million times wait till your off you Ps. One of the guys on here did the conversion and he knows his stuff.. he said its not worth your time

If you dont plan on driving it untill off your Ps then dont buy it and wait.. itl be to much temptation to drive it and youl most likely get caught if you do..

I know its hard to wait but it is the best thing to do.

Good luck

P.s your in the wrong thread mate

A little cocky don't you think?

asking for opinions is cocky?

asking for opinions is cocky?

You're getting your P's next March, which by assumption makes you 16, 17, mabee 18???

And you 'think' you are a good driver??? really???? It's that cocky attitude that will get you killed............

Mate i'm prob twice your age and still learn new things on the road everyday.

Read the below... you are not invincible.

http://www.9news.com.au/national/2015/04/24/12/39/unaccompanied-teen-learner-driver-crashes-into-sydney-home

Edited by djvoodoo
  • Like 2

You're getting your P's next March, which by assumption makes you 16, 17, mabee 18???

And you 'think' you are a good driver??? really???? It's that cocky attitude that will get you killed............

Mate i'm prob twice your age and still learn new things on the road everyday.

Read the below... you are not invincible.

http://www.9news.com.au/national/2015/04/24/12/39/unaccompanied-teen-learner-driver-crashes-into-sydney-home

did i say i was invincible ? and Yes im a good driver but i never said i was gonna break the rules and go double the speed limit. yeah u maybe twice my age but I make 3 times More money than U and im only 17

Oh well, who wouldn't want a turbo car for their first one? Mine was. Totally worth it.

Ill never forget the first time my FWD 4WS car swung the ass end out majorly in the wet.

Moral of the story is to get plenty of drifting practice in so you're not so worried about it.

did i say i was invincible ? and Yes im a good driver but i never said i was gonna break the rules and go double the speed limit. yeah u maybe twice my age but I make 3 times More money than U and im only 17

I was going to leave this one, but i just can't...

Ok Mr Bill Gates, who earns 3 times as much as me. Put down 52K and you can buy my GTR? I mean, you clearly earn more than I do....

The point of my original post was to bring you down a peg. You are only 17, you don't have enough real world experience to 'claim' this awesome driving skill (I don't care if you have been driving since 13, plus it's illegal..... I'm guessing you grew up on a farm or drove Go Karts) and it's this attitude that is the reason why P platers get such a bad rap.

Anyway, go buy your 34 mate.

Was going to stay out of this thread but can't anymore.

What's your job?

Personal Trainer and ive got a little over 500k followers on insta make like 10k a week that includes supplement sponsors

• Like 1

I was going to leave this one, but i just can't...

Ok Mr Bill Gates, who earns 3 times as much as me. Put down 52K and you can buy my GTR? I mean, you clearly earn more than I do....

The point of my original post was to bring you down a peg. You are only 17, you don't have enough real world experience to 'claim' this awesome driving skill (I don't care if you have been driving since 13, plus it's illegal..... I'm guessing you grew up on a farm or drove Go Karts) and it's this attitude that is the reason why P platers get such a bad rap.

Anyway, go buy your 34 mate.

Yeah i will

10k a week. Mate dont bother buying a r34 then.. go buy a bad ass house :) serioudly though if you make that much i dont think your question is worth asking since you could literally go buy what ever you wanted and try it out.. just my 2cents

• Like 2

School holidays? This is such a typical thread, P plater comes here all hotted up asking for advice and when they're given a legitimate answer that they don't like they just lose their shit, also who asked about your income?

ANYWAY

Owned and drove a skyline on my P's, was slow(as expected), cops loved it but i had a much more mature attitude than you seem to have and i never had a problem

Buy what you want, money seems to be no problem

• Like 1

Nah who cares about buying houses at that wage.

I think for your first car a 35 gtr would be sick. Imagine all the bishes that you could attract with your awesome physique and big penis because car + cash money = big endowment. Fact google it. That shit true.

Or you are full of it and you actually earn 10,000 Zimbabwean dollars which is you know nothing and then you couldn't even afford a model car.

I love school holidays.

• Like 3