SAU Community

R32 Gtr Sound System

Velict

Hello all!

Just recently purchased these items at Autobacs. They were all on sale. Tell me what y'all think! I'll be installing this week.

The Kenwood speakers were on sale for 4000 yen a pair.
The SWE-3000 was on sale for 29,000 yen. It has a built in amp. I don't need extreme power, just a nice bump.

The KTP-445UJ is for the kens, and should work quite nicely. I bought an Alpine head unit (CDE-HD149BT) from Amazon. Should be here in a few weeks.

Here is a pic, and diagram of installation if anyone wants to follow the same procedure.

I've decided to splice the KTP into the head unit 12v instead of directly to the battery. The main Sub amp is going to get connected directly to the battery. Also, in this diagram, the color coding is NOT specific to what ANY harness is. It's just colored so that it's easier on the eyes.

post-137447-0-37836600-1431201818_thumb.jpg

post-137447-0-75499700-1431201839_thumb.png

Edited by Velict

the nissan harness adapter comes with a 12v splitter. So no need to extra splicing. The sub has a control wire splitter, too. The instructions on the amp say not to extend the 12v wire, but I did it anyway, with a larger gauge wire. The sub is going to be in trunk, and I didn't have enough length.