SAU Community

R32 Gtr Lobster Back Intercooler Pipe

anon32

It's nearly impossible to find the materials, otherwise any tig welder could do it.

I know AM Performance do a bit of Ti work, but I am yet to find anyone who can source tube locally. Flat sheet yes, but then it needs to be rolled and seam welded.

Alloy is lighter, cheaper and much easier to work with, for exhausts and intakes.

Try titanium joe in the states

I was gonna buy some 4" tube to have made a intake pipe for my turbo, in lobster back

Be prepared to pay a hefty amount for it though,

• 4 weeks later...

It's nearly impossible to find the materials, otherwise any tig welder could do it.

I know AM Performance do a bit of Ti work, but I am yet to find anyone who can source tube locally. Flat sheet yes, but then it needs to be rolled and seam welded.

Alloy is lighter, cheaper and much easier to work with, for exhausts and intakes.

in regards to alloy for exhausts, is it capable of coping with the heat/cycles?

in regards to alloy for exhausts, is it capable of coping with the heat/cycles?

Yep, plenty of track cars using it for weight saving, but it's much more common in the US.

Personally I would only use it for a cat back or diff back.

• 1 month later...

I try to keep a little bit of titanium in 2.5 inch and 3 inch in Stock

And wtf alloy for exhaust is shit not only does it sound rubbish but it's not. Lighter kilo for kilo it is but You do titanium thin because of its strength it gives you 1 mill in alloy would most likely bow with the heat rofl so you would need to go 2 mm minimum I'd imagine