SAU Community

R32 Gt-r's Advertised For Sale At Their Lowest Levels.

Guys........ As someone who monitors the sale of R32 GT-R's quite regularly, I am surprised to see their levels in such low numbers.

Currently at time of posting there are only 25 cars available around Australia on Carsales/Carpoint.

This includes all variants of the model (ADM's, N1's, Nismo, V-Spec 1 & 2's).

http://www.carpoint.com.au/all-cars/results.aspx?YearFromShort=1635&SearchAction=N&q=((((((Make%3d%5bNissan%5d%7b%26%7d(Model%3d%5bSkyline%5d%7b%26%7dBadge%3d%5bGT-R%5d))%7b%7c%7d(Make%3d%5bNissan%5d%7b%26%7d(Model%3d%5bSkyline%5d%7b%26%7dBadge%3d%5bGT-R+V-Spec%5d)))%7b%7c%7d(Make%3d%5bNissan%5d%7b%26%7d(Model%3d%5bSkyline%5d%7b%26%7dBadge%3d%5bGT-R+V-Spec+II%5d)))%26(((SiloType%3d%5bDealer+used+cars%5d%7cSiloType%3d%5bBrand+new+cars+in+stock%5d)%7cSiloType%3d%5bDemo+and+near+new+cars%5d)%7cSiloType%3d%5bPrivate+seller+cars%5d))%26Service%3d%5bCarsales%5d)%26Year%3drange%5b1980..1994%5d)&YearToShort=1665&sortby=Price

Only 4 cars are under $20,000 and one of those is $19,990.00.

On the other end, 10 cars are over $30,000.00.

To put things into perspective, on January 1 2012, there were 66. On January 1 this year there were 40.

The numbers consistently hovered around that level through 2013/14.

I also monitor the Japanese Auctions. Over 50% of the cars on offer are rated R. You get the occasional 3.5 very few 4's let alone anything above that.

I suspect we as Australians (private buyers and dealers) have little interest in bringing in cars rated 3 or lower.

As the Americans are now cranking up their demand buying anything in Japan built in 1989 and 1990 I can only see these numbers diminishing further.

I'd be keen on hearing from anyone looking for a car and there experience in finding one at the moment that meets their expectation.

Cheers,

Bob.

I also monitor the Japanese Auctions. Over 50% of the cars on offer are rated R. You get the occasional 3.5 very few 4's let alone anything above that.

I suspect we as Australians (private buyers and dealers) have little interest in bringing in cars rated 3 or lower.

- Cause it's an older car, buyers want the best condition they can find.

- And with R Rated GTR's you have to question about it being road registered in AUS...

As the Americans are now cranking up their demand buying anything in Japan built in 1989 and 1990 I can only see these numbers diminishing further.

- I'd say so, their demands would be high cause they have waited so long before the R32's are road legal over there.

Check on gum tree, plenty of them on there and being sold for peanuts. I inspected 2 for people less then 6 months ago and they purchased them for 14k each!! One was an absolute gem of a car, the other was good but not great

There certainly are a lot of R32s being brought into the US now so I'm not surprised availability in Japan is getting scarcer. Pent-up demand was high no doubt because of the long wait and the Gran Turismo/Fast and the Furious crowd is hitting a time where they can afford these cars as well. In the four trips I made to my importer they pretty much sold another R32 to someone each time I was there. They had sold about 10 Nismos alone - no idea how many of the more common versions they must have sold. I know a guy who just privately imported a Nismo and a regular GT-R and sold them immediately. One of the writers on Jalopnik just got one himself so from all indications a staggering number of R32s are making their way Stateside.

That's also because carsales is failing for anything that isn't a new camry.

All the skylines are on gumtree now.

Most cars on gumtree are utter dirtboxes, if the owner can't even shell out $50 for an advert then what else haven't they shelled out for

• Like 2