SAU Community

R32 Gt-r's Advertised For Sale At Their Lowest Levels.

9 cars on carsales. But plenty through other websites, social media, and word of mouth. 

Most sought after cars are harder to find via carsales because it's the age we live in now. It wasn't that long ago you would look in the paper for an import, then carsales and now it's social media.

1 minute ago, Aussie_Delivered_R32_GTR said:

Please excuse my ignorance but where on Facebook is there a sale section for R32 GT-R's?

Link? Ta.....

I meant social media as a whole. There's hundreds of groups like gtr parts, buy swap sell gtr, skyline sales, etc.

I'm only a part of a few selected groups and see 32R shells and completes pop up every so often. More often then not it's someone who has blown the engine and can't afford to fix it. 

When i said 'plenty through other avenues' this does not mean right this very second, this means that they pop up in my feed. They pop up enough for me to write in here and give my view. Don't forget about word of mouth, I'm sure most who have contemplated selling their car would if the opportunity arose for an easy transaction.

There seems to be a bit of a fence in the car market. The ones who do the dealership and carsales thing, and the others who do the social media thing. The price gaps between the two are evident.

If you're on social media like facebook, Bob I'd be happy to add you to the groups i am apart of.

47 minutes ago, Aussie_Delivered_R32_GTR said:

Please excuse my ignorance but where on Facebook is there a sale section for R32 GT-R's?

Link? Ta.....

* GTR's And GTR Parts For Sale

* GTR's AND GTR PARTS FOR SALE

* R31 R32 R33 R34 R35 Skyline & ...

* R32 Skyline Club - Forum

* JDM SALES - NSW

* SkylineRepublic

* GT-R Club Australia

That's probably most of them Bob.

• Like 1

Yeah I have just noticed there seems to be fewer and fewer skylines on carsales these days, sad because I'm hoping to grab another r34 gt-t in the next 6 months. Maybe these fb groups will provide some hope haha, cheers!

Statistically or Stereotypically...

* Quality Skylines are more likely to appear in a forum f/s eg SAU

* Some quality Skylines are likely to appear f/s in Fb Clubs with Closed Groups

* Less quality Skylines are likely to appear f/s in Carsales

* Not many quality Skylines are likely to appear on Gumtree

...IMHO

• Like 1

On 17/09/2016 at 9:48 PM, Terry_GT-R34 said:

Statistically or Stereotypically...

* Quality Skylines are more likely to appear in a forum f/s eg SAU

* Some quality Skylines are likely to appear f/s in Fb Clubs with Closed Groups

* Less quality Skylines are likely to appear f/s in Carsales

* Not many quality Skylines are likely to appear on Gumtree

...IMHO

Some truth in this, but also not entirely accurate.

I.E- It costs money to put a car for sale on CarSales.

It doesn't cost a cent to put a car for sale on a forum or FB etc. Therefor i'd say someone who is willing to spend money on CarSales would also be the type of person who has spent time/effort and money on their cars too.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, dyl33 said:

It's not that bad, this will decimate all after you put about fifteen grand in it or more, and if we have to, overnight parts from Japan

It will certainly decimate you bank account, $15k could get the body rust and paint done,  maybe if you do most of the work it would be an interesting project.

The motor would be rusted as well and that alone would not be cheap to restore, then I would guess there would have been other problems to let it rot away like that

I would charge him if I took it , lol

1 hour ago, Nismo 3.2ish said:

It will certainly decimate you bank account, $15k could get the body rust and paint done,  maybe if you do most of the work it would be an interesting project.

The motor would be rusted as well and that alone would not be cheap to restore, then I would guess there would have been other problems to let it rot away like that

I would charge him if I took it , lol

+1

It's not that bad, this will decimate all after you put about fifteen grand in it or more, and if we have to, overnight parts from Japan

Best Fast and Furious quote ever!
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...