SAU Community

R34 Hks Hipower Exhuast Vs Hks Silent Hipower? & Silencer Option?

Hey guys, I'm quite new to the forum so forgive me if this was asked already. I'm in NYC, USA and was looking for a new performance exhuast option for my R34 GTT (Know of any other better options, please say!)

I stumbled on to the HKS HiPower and the HKS Slient HiPower. Does anyone know what is the exact mechanical difference? In your opinions, which sound better? The description of the two didn't help much, and low quality YouTube videos niether.

Also, if I want to get a exhuast silencer...would it make sense to install on the HKS Slient HiPower Exhuast? I feel the Silent version still has some strong sound from it, Or is it me?

How much power are you chasing?

Most Japanese systems need to meet the Jasma standard, which makes them very quiet, and usually flow less. Quite often there is a 70mm or 60mm restrictor inside the rear muffler which can be cut out with a die grinder cut off wheel if you want a bit more noise or flow.

I have the Silent HiPower on my GT-t and it's great. The difference between the two is that there is a second muffler added to the silent version just after the cat. For me it seems to kill any drone on the highway and makes the idle nice and quiet.

If you like in an apartment block or similar where your neighbours are quite close I'd recommend it, as its much quieter than other systems I've used

So check this. As soon as you put a 3 or 4" dump on that turbo your exhaust is going to sound worlds apart. It will be louder and aggressive.

Couple that with a hks whatever canon exhaust will be pretty loud I reckon.

Google the shit out of the exhausts you are looking at and check what people say.