SAU Community

Best Skyline R34 Quick Release, Steering Wheel, & Hub Options?

Hey guys, I'm still fairly new to this forum...so forgive me if someone post a thread regarding such already (Please link me so I can close this one)

I'm completely new to the removable steering concept. Good for anti theft in the USA and the stock steering wheel is extremely ugly IMO. I wanted to ask what are some Quick release steering wheel kits out there that would be better options for hi quality, no slop, a horn function, and closest to OEM distance to the driver? I notice many people just put pieces from different brands together. Are they all universally compatible when made for a R34?

Does a airbag compatibility hub system work as well?

I was thinking about the Sparco Champion Limited Edition Steering Wheel, Works Bell quick release, Splash short hub...because another guy did it for his GTR and it blend very nicely IMO

did some googling on the splash hub, I didn't see one bad review. Nrg also make short hubs for the skyline, but did read their quality isn't as good as the splash and some people weren't happy.

I personally haven't used either

I'm pretty sure I have the NRG one (not the short hub). Haven't had any issues but haven't driven my car on track yet.

The quick release hub goes between the steering wheel and your boss. Any of those should be fine (stay away from Ebay if you can). Work and Sparco, can't go wrong with those.

I'd get a short version if I were to buy it again.

So which do you use, if any? What do you drive?

I don't use one now. I have had a sparco ebay quick release on a supercheap boss and it wobbled like nothing else (threw it away after fitting it). The rest were out of my budget for a wheel.