SAU Community

Wc34 Auto Reflex Mirror Help

ステージア

Hi everyone

I recently purchased a Genuine second hand auto reflex dimming mirror (pictured)

Just wondering if anyone can help with how to wire it up? Does someone already have one they can look at or is there a wiring diagram out there? I don't mind if it is in Japanese.

thanks

post-37588-0-58479100-1433238472_thumb.jpgpost-37588-0-27509000-1433238473_thumb.jpgpost-37588-0-83649300-1433238473_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

I fitted one into mine. It's a walk in the park.

Remove the trim around the window and run the loom down to your cigarette lighter. The loom you have patches in behind it.

If you want to sell it off, I know someone who's looking for one ;)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi Scott

Thanks for the reply, do you know which wires are which though? I believe 2 are for power, dunno bout the other 2??

HI Adam

It has taken me 7 years to find this one, but if I find another it's yours! :yes:

some or one wire will need to go to the sensor for the auto headlights ;)

Pulled out the console and as Scott said it just plugged straight into the back of the cig lighter. (it turns out there were only 2 wires, pwr & earth).

But what I really wanna know is how the hell you get the A pillar cover off without snapping it in two?? Anyone got any tricks or secrets?

Thanks

Sorry for the late reply. Head down to AutoOne or Repco and buy yourself a interior trim remove tool kit. I bought a Kincrome kit and they are excellent. 5 claw like tools along with trim button removal fork. With the trims you want to pull from the top and towards the centre of the car. They will pop off. start from above the B pillar (after you remove the seat belt) and work forwards.

Pulled out the console and as Scott said it just plugged straight into the back of the cig lighter. (it turns out there were only 2 wires, pwr & earth).

But what I really wanna know is how the hell you get the A pillar cover off without snapping it in two?? Anyone got any tricks or secrets?

Thanks

no way, didn't realise it had its own sensor. That's different than what i used to installing.

Push the height adjust buttons in and while they are compressed pull the cover off that's around it. Behind that covers is a nut that you need to remove (think its a 13 socket) then the seat belt will be able to drop down and your can pop off the a pillar.

Tho you don't need to remove the pillar to wire up the mirror. I fitted mine today without removing the pillar.

I just removed the grab handle and popped to clips on the a pillar and fed the wire thru and down to the Ecu then removed the glovebox and tracked the cable to the cig lighter.

Thanks Jonny, I was going by the FAST diagram which shows the wire on the driver's side but I don't think one side would be any different to the other.

Thanks again, going back in November so let me know if you need any more bits..