But I'm being told I need a road worthy certificate

Does anyone know someone that can

Do me a certificate on a car like this

I happy to pay $$ for the inconvenience

Please contact me on 0421 060 029

If you can help

Regards Anthony

• Like 1

Club reg ain't an easy way around modifications - as you've found you still need a RWC and these are very hard to get for modified cars - not many leniant people these days because they are very tough on licence holders for passing cars that shouldn't. Best bet would be return to roadworthy state for RWC.

honestly the new modified car scene is all about stealth now. Even if you pass a dodgy roady, down the track you would most likely get defected, and if it involves epa then probably your best bet would be to make it a track only car assuming you have done a lot of engine work.

I think they recently changed the club reg rule, so people need a rwc every year right? someone confirm ?

I would just try to make everything look as stock as possible, hide everything and paint them black. make the car quiet and put standard rims and wait the hight. then go to some roady place in the bush that doesn't know anything about these cars and hope for the best

so for club reg.

it's basically same as normal reg now.

Full RWC on rego. Enginners certs for any modifications.

if there are modifications you will be issued with a M plate stating you ahve modifications (cop bait in itself)

The club in question must photograph the car when it is regoed.

If the club at any point thinks modifications have been made to the car they are to report that to vic roads who will ask you to get it checked.

you can still be EPA'ed and defected on the new club rego,

basically people were abusing the system and regoing unsafe cars on club rego as some clubs would take $$ for a club rego and ruined it for every-one.

I've recently read up on this and from what I can tell, it's easier to engineer a cage, can run wider wheels and talker tires than regular reg, fuel system upgrades fine as long as no in cabin components, brakes upgrades allowable, engine swaps from same manufacturer ok (without a vass I believe but might be wrong), power increase of 30% allowed unsure how a cop can tell how much power over standard it has :s.

I read this a but over a month ago so don't take it as gospel .

All the VSI documents are online and you'll find you end up with 3/4 open as they refer back to each other and certain sections.

See here https://www.vicroads.vic.gov.au/safety-and-road-rules/vehicle-safety/vehicle-standards-information

See mainly 33 ,26, and 8

Edited by anon32
  • Like 1

I've recently read up on this and from what I can tell, it's easier to engineer a cage, can run wider wheels and talker tires than regular reg, fuel system upgrades fine as long as no in cabin components, brakes upgrades allowable, engine swaps from same manufacturer ok (without a vass I believe but might be wrong), power increase of 30% allowed unsure how a cop can tell how much power over standard it has :s.

I read this a but over a month ago so don't take it as gospel .

All the VSI documents are online and you'll find you end up with 3/4 open as they refer back to each other and certain sections.

See here https://www.vicroads.vic.gov.au/safety-and-road-rules/vehicle-safety/vehicle-standards-information

See mainly 33 ,26, and 8

half cage can be egnineers not a full cage they changed that a few years ago.

tyres 2 inches bigger(wider or higher) ok.

fuel system is ok I think

brakes have to be engineered

engine swap for a engine that was avalbiel in that car.

eg no RB25 in a S-Chassis

no ECU mods unless you do full EPA tests.

Apparently you don't need an engineers for a full cage if it meets VSI28.

Check page 3 of it top right corner

VSI28 is no longer valid, thus is in the superseded section of the site.

Edit:

new regs:

http://www.infrastructure.gov.au/roads/vehicle_regulation/bulletin/pdf/NCOP7_Section_LK_Seating_and_Occupant_Protection_1Jan2011_v2.pdf

so rear is ok.

Full not so much unless manufacturer supplied.

actually VSI8 article 9.5 refers to roll cages:

https://www.vicroads.vic.gov.au/~/media/files/documents/safety-and-road-rules/vsinumber8guidetomodificationsformotorvehicles.ashx?la=en

9.5 Internal Rollcages

internal Rollcages must be certified by a VASS signatory as complying with either VSB14 Modifications Code LK8 or with Codes LK9 and LK10

VSB LK section:

http://www.infrastructure.gov.au/roads/vehicle_regulation/bulletin/pdf/NCOP7_Section_LK_Seating_and_Occupant_Protection_1Jan2011_v2.pdf

LK8 deals with half cages,

LK9/10 deal with full cage.

not that I have read all this at far too great length.

Thus why deregistering car shortly.

• 2 weeks later...

I am also looking into club registration for my '90 R32 GTR. I noticed they have started changing the rules for 'Club Registration Plates'. I haven't got a problem getting the roadworthy for my car. As I have only used after market 'Garrett GT 2860R's. And use a '3.5" Cannon, X-force/Varex 3-stage electric controlled muffler, which limits it down to to close to the 90db mark. My mechanic is going to sign off on it for me.

My thought is with this though. What are the other restrictions that they have pushed upon us? I want to set this car up for casual street driving, and as much track options as possible. Is it still worth getting the club plates still?

I actually logged in, to to see what other members from 'SAU' might be using for club registration/plates in the Victoria Northern Country area. I'm in Bendigo. What 'Car Club', should register to for club plates with? I was thinking 'Ballarat Car Club.

Anyone help me with this?

Any other links/threads about?

Thank you in advance.

WHITEBEAST.

FYI Varex isn't EPA legal

My mechanic is going to sign off on it for me. "I put it on after that." (2 cops that didn't notice it, have let it go so far). Wonder if VICROADS do!

Found links to sauvic.com.au. Be joining. - For club registration information.

Thanks guys.

what people do is run it on the street till defected then dedicated track car....

This is the question. How long will my club plates last. Hopefully I can get it all sorted with engineer certificates and compliances.

What happened to peoples rights to drive high powered cars on the street safely? Even if the aged restricted it, or even better yet. Make bigger fines for club car drivers that fail to do the right thing by driving dangerously on the streets.

to be honest club rego will last less time than regular.

if you have modifications to your car your get special modification Club rego plates...and thus makes you cop bait.

Club rego for modified cars is a dad thing these days...only good for standard cars.

My mechanic is going to sign off on it for me. "I put it on after that." (2 cops that didn't notice it, have let it go so far). Wonder if VICROADS do!

Found links to sauvic.com.au. Be joining. - For club registration information.

Thanks guys.

Yeah most cops won't notice it. I've never had trouble with mine but there are cops who know what they are and can recognise em. Just sayin don't be surprised if it's part of a defect - noise testers (when clearing an EPA) also do their test with it on open mode from my experiences.

Last time I dropped in to spectate a matsuri they had hwp sitting on the entrance road to Winton, casually picking off cars... I must say, I felt very safe in the skyline, compared to the majority of the drift kids and their "daily's"