SAU Community

2200hp Al Anabi R35 Gtr

A recent post on Speedhunters titled How A 2,200hp GT-R Can Save The World was a good read and featured this Middle-Eastern built R35.

gallery_3_5844_39031.jpg

Some quotes from the article;

Here you’ll also find a simple dial for controlling boost, which as you might imagine is usually always wound the whole way up. The whole way being somewhere around an incredible 60psi (4.1bar).

Remember when I mentioned reliability? The engine has put down over 100 quarter mile runs, over 25 half mile runs and countless dyno pulls without issue. That’s impressive.

In standing mile trim, the car ran 354.33km/h (220.2mph) over the half mile at the first round of last season’s Qatar Mile. This was whilst only running at circa 40psi (which results in a power figure of around 1700-1800hp). That made it the second quickest half-mile car in the world at the time.

Some takeaways for myself;

I am seriously impressed to see a car like this built, but more impressed to see it built in Qatar. I'm also impressed to see what its able to do in warm temperatures.

The engine bay looks almost stock! Thats really cool.

gallery_3_5844_44246.jpg

This cage looks amazing. Theres more pics of it on Speedhunters, its a work of art.

gallery_3_5844_45750.jpg

I'm not too sure what I am looking at here. Can somebody tell me what this is?

gallery_3_5844_13000.jpg

And some more pics from Speedhunters.

gallery_3_5844_57486.jpg

gallery_3_5844_79435.jpg

gallery_3_5844_6197.jpg

gallery_3_5844_40700.jpg

gallery_3_5844_50120.jpg

gallery_3_5844_10851.jpg

Check the post and other pics on Speedhunters. So cool.

I'm not too sure what I am looking at here. Can somebody tell me what this is?

gallery_3_5844_13000.jpg

That's the spot where one of the side mirrors used to be. The three outer holes are where the bolts were and the middle one is for the harness wire.

• Like 2

Wow. definitely impressive... but soooo much money spent and they couldn't properly delete the side mirrors?

They may want to unplug the grommets and put them back on later :)

• Like 2

They've gotta be a solid 30g per side.

and a hell of a lot of drag?

I was thinkin' maybe it was for returning it to stock but then I saw the inside hehe...

Wow. definitely impressive... but soooo much money spent and they couldn't properly delete the side mirrors?

My reasoning would be that four rubber caps weigh and cost a lot less than welding/bondo-ing and repainting the area for a proper shaved look - plus it's reversible if the car were ever to be revamped for road course duties. The other option, replacing them with lightweight race mirrors, is pointless if it stays a drag car.

There's also the ever popular reason of simply "because racecar" - not everything has to be done to be the most aesthetically pleasing on a race vehicle. Heck, some people really dig that ghetto $hit - the riveted overfenders on Liberty Walk and RWB cars are just one example :)

Of course, if it were me, I'd have fabricated some snazzy carbon fiber blanking plates to cover that part - the same method that's used for sportbikes at trackdays.

Of course, if it were me, I'd have fabricated some snazzy carbon fiber blanking plates to cover that part - the same method that's used for sportbikes at trackdays.

That is a great idea! even if it had one of the sponsor logo.

Interesting that the photographer has made it a focused feature.

It's artistic! :P

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All,

Just read some of the posts, very interesting and saw that this was the last updated thread.

I just joined today and wanted a bit a advice. Unfortunately, I am not on facebook hence can't joint the GTR facebook groups.

My question is off this topic, so I apologise for this, I thought there was no point of creating a new thread for simple suggestion required from you all.

I am about to purchase a R35 and the colours available to me is either Vibrant Red or Black. I have had a chat with the Mrs. and we are indecisive as both have it goods and bads.

I would appreciate if you guys can do some sort of voting i.e., pro/con simple comments which may help us tip over to one side.

My Pro/Cons are as below:

Black
Looks mean, safe from investment point of view, black with black combination is forever
Cons
Can't see most of the trims as it blends in, the wheels also kind of blends in, too many of them, almost 50-60% are in black, can see marks etc

Vibrant Red
Stands out, can see all the trims and wheels in contract, not too many of them so will stand out
Cons
Many suggests that it doesn't suit GTR, i.e., it is for exotic Italian cars etc., may be poor resale (need your advice, i.e., would you guys buy it over black), doesn't look tough, however looks sportier

Your comments are much appreciated as I have to decide tomorrow morning.

P.S. I have paid a deposit on Black, however, I have put a hold on red till midday tomorrow. Also I have considered other colours but these 2 are on my shortlist.

• Like 1

Hi All,

Just read some of the posts, very interesting and saw that this was the last updated thread.

I just joined today and wanted a bit a advice. Unfortunately, I am not on facebook hence can't joint the GTR facebook groups.

My question is off this topic, so I apologise for this, I thought there was no point of creating a new thread for simple suggestion required from you all.

I am about to purchase a R35 and the colours available to me is either Vibrant Red or Black. I have had a chat with the Mrs. and we are indecisive as both have it goods and bads.

I would appreciate if you guys can do some sort of voting i.e., pro/con simple comments which may help us tip over to one side.

My Pro/Cons are as below:

Black

Looks mean, safe from investment point of view, black with black combination is forever

Cons

Can't see most of the trims as it blends in, the wheels also kind of blends in, too many of them, almost 50-60% are in black, can see marks etc

Vibrant Red

Stands out, can see all the trims and wheels in contract, not too many of them so will stand out

Cons

Many suggests that it doesn't suit GTR, i.e., it is for exotic Italian cars etc., may be poor resale (need your advice, i.e., would you guys buy it over black), doesn't look tough, however looks sportier

Your comments are much appreciated as I have to decide tomorrow morning.

P.S. I have paid a deposit on Black, however, I have put a hold on red till midday tomorrow. Also I have considered other colours but these 2 are on my shortlist.

I'm biased since black is my favorite color and red one of my least so my R35 is black. You can't go wrong with choosing black with one caveat - you have to be willing to take care of it. Black shows dirt like nothing else so regular upkeep is a must. The lack of contrast for the wheels is fixed easily if you swap them out - I put Volk GT30s for exactly that reason and my car has gotten a lot of compliments over the years. Five car show trophies and counting for proof, not to mention that when I went to the Nismo Performance Academy with 19 other GT-R owners the staff from Nissan said my car was the most tastefully done R35 there.

The best argument I've ever heard for black is that there's a reason why everyone always talks about finding the "new black" - it's because black is simply timeless and the fact people are always looking for a new color to trump it just shows the lasting quality it has.

So anyway, buy the red one - 'cause I don't want to see more GT-Rs the same color as mine :D

You're in Australia though so I guess I can let you have a pass lol.

• Like 1

I like both. :) I followed a black one this morning in traffic and as GSX-R35 alluded to, there is something special about the simplicity of a good black.

My fave colour on cars (particularly GTRs) is white. Sorry to throw a spanner in there.

• Like 1

Thanks Guys.

I am going to the dealership in an hour with couple of friends and will get the vehicles parked side by side and make a decision, will post you guys once I have decided with the photos.

Tough the Red also looks very striking and the wheels look very nice contrasting the Red and then the black interior is also a nice contrast.

Black is the safe option and really suits the GTR.

Red does look good in the flesh, but you would definitely have less interest when selling.

Hi All,

Firstly, thanks for all your inputs, very valuable when I was making a decision.

I was lucky enough that our Nissan GTR dealer had GMG, Black and Red at the same dealership and I saw them in the same light/room etc. conditions etc.

I have gone for Vibrant Red as the moment you see it, it is striking, the Black & GMG you have to identify the body kits etc. whereas in Red you can see different details of the body kits. I must admit that both Black & GMG are timeless and don't come in radar at first look so will keep you out of trouble, however, Red shows off the GTR and based on my age group and performance of GTR I felt a little bit of show-off will do, also considering I have another black vehicle I went for Red.

If money wasn't a problem like mayweather I would have gone for Black. GNG although very sober colour, didn't do it for me. But I will be missing not to have black.

Photos attached, not great light when they were taken.

Thanks once again and hope to see you on road soon.