SAU Community

Help! Installed Fmic And Oil Pressure Is At 0

Okay so I looked everywhere and I couldn't find this. I installed my fmic today and everything seemed good. But my car started to die and I have 0 oil pressure. When I first drove the car it was fine. But I went for a test cruise and I started to lose oil pressure and now it's 0'd out. :(.

I drive a gtst r32 with 106k miles.

Thank you!

I'd say they're both unrelated things. Has the engine died or just the gauge itself?

The engine has died twice while driving. And the gauge was working about 30 minutes ago and now it's just at 0. I thought that it was unrelated as well but maybe I'm missing something because this never happened until I threw the fmic on.

Hopefully it's your 1. Sender, 2 Gauge, or 3 she's f**ked !

R32 GTSt's generally the sender ....

$165 from Kudos

Edit:

Nothing to do with the FMIC.

If your engine has died twice while driving you have issues

Edited by Sinista32

I'd say they're both unrelated things. Has the engine died or just the gauge itself?

The engine has died twice while driving. And the gauge was working about 30 minutes ago and now it's just at 0. I thought that it was unrelated as well but maybe I'm missing something because this never happened until I threw the fmic on.

There is one other thing I think okay so when I was installing the fmic I took the crash bar off to get the ic on there. And on the crash bar were these 2 things attached to it. I didn't know what they were. But they were plugged in. I didn't install them back on because it looked like it was not important and there were hoses leading to nowhere. Anyone know what those two things attached to the crash bar is?

Anyone know what those 2 things are that's attached to the crash bar? They have plugs to them but the car worked fine so I thought I didn't need them on the car. Well mostly because I needed to get them out of the way in order to fit the fmic. Lawl

Thank you everyone for your input. So I did some trouble shooting and now the oil pressure reads between the line before 4 and 4 when I'm driving on the highway. But as soon as I come to a red light it drops to 0 is this normal?

In no particular order..

Guessing you have a leak in the hoses or similar in your newly installed intercooler.

If you oil light is not on but your guage is reading low its usually the sender unit. Is the light on?

Attached up the front is the tmperature sender unit for the climate control. Check the ambient temp on the hvac control panel.

Or

Shes busted.

what did you leave unplugged?

It is possible the oil pressure is related to the front mount install....if you have a leak in the intake as said above it will idle lower or even die; when the engine is at low revs because its not idling properly the oil pressure may be very low