SAU Community

Is This A Genuine Hks 2835 Pro S ?

Just bought this 'new' turbo and noticed it doesn't have gt2835-56T stamped on the CHRA plate like all other genuine HKS items seem to have.... Has anyone else seen this on theres ???post-64498-14359989070927_thumb.jpgpost-64498-1435998927266_thumb.jpgpost-64498-14359989434913_thumb.jpg

Searching on this very forum and the very information you seek about the cartridge is here.

The work was done for you 6 years ago.

And yes, 87 in the housing mouth indicates an A/R of 0.87. If it read 68 it would be the smaller 0.68 spec

Have searched for hours in here and Google and a few other forums relentlessly dude and I can't actually find another one missing the gt2835-56T numbers on the CHRA plate (like mine) hence the reason I made this thread

Most likely it depends on the production run as to what goes on the plate.

Provided it's got the part/assembly number or the cartridge number(as per your build plate), you've got the right spec. Incidentally you will find that number may sometimes be stamped 700177-5003, or 700177-0003. Fishing around brought up the detail both on SAU and another site called Turbomaster in quick order.

I wouldn't be worried about whether it's stamped with GT2835 or not.

Sweet thanks heaps for your reply man... Now for another question and I know I could find it on here but I'll try you first lol... Do you know how much different the larger .87 a/r is in regards to lag/spool response and power than the smaller .68 housing ??

Ballpark figures for a GT3037 are in the order of 500-750rpm, and ~ 15-25rwkW depending on complete setup and tune. Bigger housing will basically push the torque curve to the right so max power figure goes up.

This unit should show a similar characteristic.

Edited by Dale FZ1

The HKS 3037 pro has a bigger turbine wheel than the 2835 but also comes in the .68 or .87 a/r same as 2835......

So would there still be the 500-750 rpm difference ? Might be less?

Would love to see a dyno comparison of the two turbo housings

Ballpark figures I think the 500-750rpm difference will be similar.

If you've got the 0.87 housing it's not going to prove easy to get the smaller one.

Past experience with the 3037 was that the bigger A/R option was better because it hung on and kept the engine making torque at high rpm. The penalty lower down isn't that great, and the bigger A/R still gave wonderfully progressive delivery.

I wouldn't say that the 2835 will be the same, but it will be fairly similar.

Your one would not of been from a kit as the .87 could only be bought as the turbo only.

You will love the turbo. I have one on my 33. What are you doing for the dump pipe?

Do you have a dyno for your .87 rear?