SAU Community

Wheels/tyre Noise

Hi All,

i have a 19incher wheels and running kumho Le sport KU39 245/35/19, i find that every 5k kms i have to realign my tyres as around 5000 kms it start to make that out of alignment noise.

Is this common?

should i increase my profile to 40series next time to lessen the frequency of alignment?

thanks

JT

I had no idea you could hear when your tyres were out of alignment.

And sure. Run some 40 series tyres. Because, you know, that would be way closer to rolling diameter of stock wheels. Even the current profile is good and I bet your speedo isn't off or anything.

I'd say you're hearing the noise because it's pretty average rubber you have there. Once I got rid of my Kumho KU31s and replaced them with Michelin Pilot Sport 3 tyres, no more screeching around bends.

I'd say you're hearing the noise because it's pretty average rubber you have there. Once I got rid of my Kumho KU31s and replaced them with Michelin Pilot Sport 3 tyres, no more screeching around bends.

ok something to think about next time around..i though the le sports were pretty high end of the kumhos..

ok something to think about next time around..i though the le sports were pretty high end of the kumhos..

In my experience and very humble electrical engineer's opinion (i.e. I have no expertise in the field of tyres), Kumho don't produce anything high end when it comes to road tyres.

The KU36s I had were one of the best tyres I have used for grip and feedback, pitty they are insanely noisy. Not suitable for a daily IMHO, unless you have a car with a lot of sound insulation.

I have had KU19s too, and they were quite poor all round.

Hi Ben,

can you be a bit more specific? do you think its my driving style or the amount of times i hit pott holes? lolz

or could my cheap rims could be causing this? i have kings malice

If the alignment is changing that's the cars fault, not the tyres.

In my experience and very humble electrical engineer's opinion (i.e. I have no expertise in the field of tyres), Kumho don't produce anything high end when it comes to road tyres.

ok apart from michelins and pirelli's do you have other experience with other brands that are a little cheaper than them two? hehe

The KU36s I had were one of the best tyres I have used for grip and feedback, pitty they are insanely noisy. Not suitable for a daily IMHO, unless you have a car with a lot of sound insulation.

I have had KU19s too, and they were quite poor all round.

He has KU39 not KU36. Kumho aren't the 'best', they are a good low-mid-range tyre. They aren't that quite either. My Subaru came with KU22 and they were quite noisy, changed to Momo M3, quieter and grippier, but can go more quiet (will next round of tyres, gonna get Michelin).

OP, you may have some worn bushes?

He has KU39 not KU36. Kumho aren't the 'best', they are a good low-mid-range tyre. They aren't that quite either. My Subaru came with KU22 and they were quite noisy, changed to Momo M3, quieter and grippier, but can go more quiet (will next round of tyres, gonna get Michelin).

OP, you may have some worn bushes?

Ok bought the car with 35k kms. i've done 75k now. tyres and wheels have done 16k kms. so you think time to go take it to pedders?

:) I wouldn't take box trailer to pedders.. But maybe some franchises are better than others..

I have had many good experiences with the local fulcrum suspension outlet, but I am not sure if they are in all locations.

As for the KU36, I know the op had 39s, I was just pointing out they do make a good tyre, if you can ignore the noise. A friend at work uses them on his turbo rx3 track car.. Where noise isn't exactly a problem.

But their 'mid range' tyres are quite ordinary.