SAU Community

Vic Wasteland Thread - 15.0

R31Nismoid

12 hours ago, dezz said:

IT kunce, does this VPN stuff work, and if so, what's a good one to use... Criterion - effective, easy to set up, not a rip off.

Another popular one is tunnel bear

11 hours ago, emts said:

apparently, I've only played with the android one as I only use it on my tablet

but there is a windows one as well.

assuming it the same as the android one it just a matter of install and enter user name and password

https://www.ipvanish.com/vpn-setup/

Martin knows his shit so this will be just as good / maybe better 

11 hours ago, dezz said:

I pretty much only want it for downloading torrents... Keep seeing the ads on kickass/pirate bay etc... Been downloading torrents as normal without giving a f**k, but if it's only a couple $ a month to avoid any potential bullshit later then why not..

Express VPN seems to be the highest rated? $8.32/mnth for 12 months...

But do I then need to use something else to download torrents or do I just download through utorrent as normal?

Yep, VPN basically 'tunnels' you over to another network and acts like you're working / downloading from that location or network. 

I'd be trialing and making sure you get good speeds, the biggest downfall with these VPN services (mainly the free ones) is it slows your speed right down, Martin mentioned 50mbps if that's true then you'll be fine. 

Took car to suspension place, for front suspension being  abit crashy.

Advise is to replace entire coilover system, entire rear subframe, both rear wheel bearings and lockout bars galore - None of which they are willing to take on for any amount of money.

Good times.

13 minutes ago, Kinkstaah said:

Advise is to replace entire coilover system, entire rear subframe, both rear wheel bearings and lockout bars galore - None of which they are willing to take on for any amount of money.

Good times.

Why didn't the Haltech alert you to this before it was an issue?

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Birds said:

I don't wanna curse Brett with your penchant for disaster, but maybe take it to Shockworks?

I thought about this but I was under the impression the setup I had was great. Certainly felt fine, though wanted to see what the Shockworks R34 felt like. I suspected nothing was even wrong with the rear end actually. Just thought the front was hitting the stops a bit too eagerly and was a little low.

But nope, apparently the rear is so bad it'd be 'suicidal' to drive it. I'd really rather not pay $5k to get it into an approved setup lol.

16 minutes ago, Kinkstaah said:

I thought about this but I was under the impression the setup I had was great. Certainly felt fine, though wanted to see what the Shockworks R34 felt like. I suspected nothing was even wrong with the rear end actually. Just thought the front was hitting the stops a bit too eagerly and was a little low.

But nope, apparently the rear is so bad it'd be 'suicidal' to drive it. I'd really rather not pay $5k to get it into an approved setup lol.

They just did a coilover swap on my GTS-T and the cost was very reasonable, so I guess if it's something inevitable for you, that would be a good starting point.

To be fair if I do go the whole hog and replace shocks and springs I would consider Shockworks or MCA really as the only two options to choose from. I may get away with a new set of coils, hicas lock bars and toe arms to suit, and two rear wheel bearings.

Still somewhat shit when my initial complaint to get checked out was "hm, the front seems to be pretty happy to hit bump stops and isn't low"..

1 hour ago, Kinkstaah said:

Good times.

werent you trying to convince me to buy it?