SAU Community

Vic Wasteland Thread - 15.0

R31Nismoid

Public schools are free to attend though?

Not the bus ticket or the petrol or the uniform/shoes and excursions etc. unless I'm missing something?

Please now your being a flog for the sake of it. Parental support is usually the period beyond the usual facets of parenting ie sending your kids to school

You don't see how that first 18 years of your life sets you up for the future? That there are tons of people who don't have the same opportunities you did? Parents divorced, family businesses etc.? Family tragedies etc. How can you attribute where you are 100% to your own doings when we all receive a hand of cards not of our choosing from the get go. Sheer arrogance.

of course my parents are fantastic but make no mistake life was not easy. Sure it helps who would deny that? But plenty of people achieve heaps without finishing school with divorced parents(does that really matter as you get older?)

Do you credit your parents entirely for where your at in life? Working for the family business if I'm not mistaken? So who had the good leg up out you and me? My dad is part of my team now so yeah I'm doing plenty to repay the faith and sacrifice they made - what have you done?

I think it all comes down to the industry your in

i don't think I'll ever be worried about my job being taken over by immigrants

I believe specialized, skilled jobs and where client relationships are important are at low risk

I just did my tax online... An accountant then looked at it and emailed me re further deductions and got extra info prior to submitting...

For $59

You still confident?

Not the bus ticket or the petrol or the uniform/shoes and excursions etc. unless I'm missing something?

C'mon mate what % of the population can't send there kids to public schools due to cost or transport?

FYI i walked to school and didn't attend school excurions due to cost. Uniform they have 2nd hand shops, hand me down items which i did.

• Like 1

I just did my tax online... An accountant then looked at it and emailed me re further deductions and got extra info prior to submitting...

For $59

You still confident?

Yes

Book keeper, yum cha accountant those can be replaced. Etax, mytax is so easy to do a tax return.

Tax law, restructures, mergers.demergers, corporate takeovers etc... Good luck with that! Even a suburbian CA/CPA accountanting firm is unlikely to get that right, we see it time and time again in our industry

No I don't credit anyone entirely for where I am in life - where I am is the result of many variables and a shit load of luck, good and bad. I'm happy where I am and that's what matters to me.

What have I done? How about working in the family business for years not to get a leg up, but to repay what my parents gave to me by pulling it out of debt and turning it into a break even business. Not every family business is a silver spoon. When will you stop assuming?

Yes

Book keeper, yum cha accountant those can be replaced. Etax, mytax is so easy to do a tax return.

Tax law, restructures, mergers.demergers, corporate takeovers etc... Good luck with that! Even a suburbian CA/CPA accountanting firm is unlikely to get that right, we see it time and time again in our industry

You would be surprised what level of employment ANZ outsourced... :/

• Like 1

C'mon mate what % of the population can't send there kids to public schools due to cost or transport?

FYI i walked to school and didn't attend school excurions due to cost. Uniform they have 2nd hand shops, hand me down items which i did.

*their

Maybe you didn't attend grammar lessons either

A fair proportion can't afford even public school for kids = centrelink = can't afford niceties = kids in high school getting jobs just to pay for shit. I had a mate who worked at Coles with me and most of what he earned went to his mum to pay for shit for his brothers and sisters. We ain't all in the same boat.

My point is, how can anyone think that 1/4 of their life, the first quarter, that for most part they have little control over, shouldn't impact the other 3/4?

• Like 1

No, you still have to pay yearly school fees to attend a public school

Pretty sure they don't all do, correct me if im wrong

They may ask for a voluntary contribution' but it isn't mandatory

Isn't the attendance and the curriculum learning program free? They may ask you for other payments, but as far as I am aware they are not compulsory

Pretty sure I didnt, just meant I didnt get the year end school books and stuff

• Like 1

I don't think I'm assuming here, but happy to have a go:

Come on brah...you're selling houses to people who want to buy them...half the job is done for you...throw in some paperwork...what negotiating?

Pretty sure they don't all do, correct me if im wrong

They may ask for a voluntary contribution' but it isn't mandatory

Isn't the attendance and the curriculum learning program free? They may ask you for other payments, but as far as I am aware they are not compulsory

Pretty sure I didnt, just meant I didnt get the year end school books and stuff

Not sure about Victoria, but the schools I've worked at in WA require a yearly fee per family. These schools are independent public schools however; responsible for their own budgets and money.

I personally see real estate sales as a very redundant job in 20 years but that doesn't scare me I'll move with the times

when do you see this as turning into a ebay market?

with things like the electronic conveyancing and much of the paperwork now being able to do online

it must get to a point where it will be like cars? most are sold on their own but there some of the more high end that a dealer takes care of for the further advertisigina nd such for a bigger commission?

• Like 1