SAU Community

Vic Wasteland Thread - 15.0

R31Nismoid

My internet speeds are laughable the majority of the time these days, guessing it's due to more and more people in the area being with telstra?

What are the chances of getting something out of them by complaining about the speeds? Discount on the plan? free superspeed package they offer on their website etc?

Commercial sites for ya! Bit of a rort but doubt the lackies are on $130k..

I can guarantee you the 'average' chippy wage is not $146k like they're reporting, but why let the truth get in the way of a story...

I can guarantee you the 'average' chippy wage is not $146k like they're reporting, but why let the truth get in the way of a story...

Yeah that's Australian journalism for you...

My internet speeds are laughable the majority of the time these days, guessing it's due to more and more people in the area being with telstra?

What are the chances of getting something out of them by complaining about the speeds? Discount on the plan? free superspeed package they offer on their website etc?

i pay for ADSL2+ and get 3-6mpbs every day. apparently its not low enough to complain to the local network people about.

1.5km away from exchange. not sure if under house is dodgy or exchange port is shite. either way, have to put up with it.

Maybe look into an alternative? get a 4g gateway or something? I know data costs a shit load more on 4g.. but if it's better speeds might be worthwhile.. 2mbps is a joke

I wonder if Telstra offer unmetered foxtel over 4g?

http://www.optus.com.au/shop/broadband/prepaid-mobile-broadband

22gb for $130

fek no work to do already..

Edited by UNR33L

No wonder they upped my plan from 200gb to 500gb for free, they know the speeds are too f**kin slow to ever download that much

they did the same thing for me on my $93 / month bigpond cable.. then i realized i could get 100GB for $75 so downgraded

No wonder they upped my plan from 200gb to 500gb for free, they know the speeds are too f**kin slow to ever download that much

1Mbit connection will get you 500 gig in a month......

you said getting 2, so sorted.

f**king lol.

The judge heading up the royal commission on union corruption has charged taxpayers $125k to come to the conclusion that he shouldn't have to retire from his $12,400 a day job, despite the fact he himself had previously said any judge that a reasonable person could possibly consider biased must rescind himself.

And his excuse? He doesn't know how to read email (but has 2 computers in his office)

Jesus...

post-36777-14410635486609_thumb.jpg