SAU Community

R32 Gtr 18x11 Question

Hi guys,

I'm currently in the build with a R32 GTR. I'm looking to maximize tyre width within the factory guards. I'm aware 18x10.5+22 is near on optimum.

Has anyone had any success with an 18x11 square setup? +30 offset is available and should fit reasonably flush, however I'm unsure how much inner guard/suspension clearance is available.

Anyone able to provide some feedback on this?

thanks in advance.

Jme

People have enough issues getting 275s/285s on a 10" rim without guard modifications (and assuming it's not silly low), and still grabbing the inner guard (even on 265s, depending on offset)

You're aiming to get a tyre wider than 275s on there with 11"?

So not sure how a 11" and 295/305 is really going to work with factory guards.

I would not attempt 11 inches wide that 18x10.5 +22 will need some decent camber tho, I have 18x10 +18 with bout 1.5deg camber clears inner plastic by about 4 to 5mm on full lock no problem with 265 35 ku39s so i cant see how you can fit any wider and not hit things unless you remove inner plastics then that's a different story.

my guard plastics still in also just used a heat gun to reshape lips so no cutting was done looks smick as.

Edited by mr skidz

I have 18x10.5 +25 with 265s and the tyre is really close to curved suspension upright at the front. I don't think it would fit with another 5mm offset, let alone wider tyres.

18x10+20 with 275/35/18, rolled guards, -2.5 degrees camber up front. Still scrubs (will increase front height). Rears are fine with rolled guards and -1.5deg camber.

No chance of fitting a 11", especially at such a high offset.

275 is too stretchy for me, will go to 285 next round of tyre changes.

Your +20s with 275s should have the same gap to the upright as my +25s with 265s. Do you have more than 5mm gap? (And how much do tyres flex laterally on hard cornering?)

yeah your od would be a wee bit bigger with a 275 plus your 20 offset is 2 Mill further out than mine which doesn't help either on that corner angle. it's a combination of 2 mill extra offset and overall tyres diameter that hits that plastic liner.

My suspension is completely stock standard so no caster rod adjustment but if you were to adjust your castor you could bring your front wheel back if you wanted to but I would prefer it more forward that's just me

Edited by mr skidz

I have about 5-5.5deg caster. Agree, if I went a more 'rounded' tyre (have Hankook R-S3 at the moment) and raised the front a bit, it'll be fine.

Track-ready-BNR34.jpg

Source: http://run-it-hard.com/2015/06/skylines-australia-nsw-june-monthly-meet/

Rolling shot!

19326387095_40537b0b97_b.jpg

Source:http://www.sau.com.au/forums/topic/457435-sau-nsw-june-monthly-meet-mac-pass-charity-cruise/page-12#entry7560676

Used to sit like this hahaha:

10955734_10152962562296259_2560210221909