SAU Community

R32 Gtr Cuts Out While Driving Help!

r14

My r32 gtr starts running like crap after a couple of minutes of running then cuts out

The ECU flashes up a code 55 which is air flow meter signal? Has any one had this code before? And what fixed it please

I have swapped the air flow meter over but it keeps doing it

I firmly believe that we here at SAU are not infact mind readers, which is somewhat contrary to popular believe. So if you want your car diagnosed via the world wide web then...........................

Give details about your car.

• Like 1

I thought it to be a reasonable question

All id like to know is what other things will cause the ECU to give a code 55?

Other that the airflow meters?

Its a stock! R32 gtr

It'll also do it sometimes at idol

It will hunt for a few seconds then just stall with or without throttle

Other times you can drive for about 20mins flat out then it just looses power and congks out

Nar no dosing i resoldered the afms it ran a little better but feels like fowled plugs and wont rev over 3k very well and its running very hot

Code 55 is "all clear".

It may well continue to flash the error code because the ECU "remembers" errors for something like 50 starts. You need to reset the ECU if you want to know if a problem has been solved.

As stated in numerous threads, GT-Rs in particular are notoriously sensitive to voltage / amperage. Even though a battery may be healthy enough to start the engine, it can sometimes take large amperages to recharge after starting. The ECU sees these high amperages as a problem, and the engine may run like crap. Try a new battery.