SAU Community

Beware Of This Imported Gt-r (maybe...)

Burger

Many people from this forum might remember the story of the black accident damaged R34 GT-R a few years back, and I think that the same people might be at it again. (Might)

Link to the Black GT-R story:

http://www.japanesehistorycheck.com/portfolio-item/nissan-skyline-gt-r-v-spec-2-accident-repair/

Link to a suspicious car for sale on Gumtree:

http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/lansvale/cars-vans-utes/2000-nissan-skyline-bnr34-v-spec-bayside-blue-manual-coupe/1086038410

The setting for the photos of this car looks very familiar. The background is the same in a few of the photos and the seller is in NSW. (Same as the 1st one) If this is the same people (and not just my superstitions and paranoia), I would expect that it's had some kind of accident in the past, and maybe even a windback.

Saw the car at a lansvale car yard as i drove past one day, decided to stop by and have a quick look. As soon as i started asking about papers and wanting to check the vin, popped open the bonnet , the salesman got called over by his boss and he took over. Didnt want me making note of anything to do my own checks. Gave me a life story about why he doesnt like people doing that and he has all the papers (but you need to practically have bought the car to see any of them)

About 2 days later i get a text from this car yard offering me the car (i have a WTB ad on gumtree) with a link to their ad, which lists the VIN number.

Seems pretty shifty to me, dude was SUPER reluctant to let me check anything but then lists it on the ad? and wont let you check anything yourself until lots of money has exchanged hands lol .. curious to see how this pans out.

I think thats the one, cant remember the yard or workshop name lol great help. But it is right next to the Holden dealership. GTR is out for show on weekends only so if anyone heads down the hume highway around there, you will see it.

• 2 weeks later...

Definitely the same place looking at the backround..it is possible tho that these guys put in a low bid on an R grade gtr,seeing the xx on the front panels and not really delving too deep...i mean if they hadn't seen it up previously,they could just assume it was bumper and panels maybe dented?put it through compliance then and again maybe thes guys didn pick it up?not trying to male excuses for them but it is possible...ud b going through the blue one with a fine tooth comb

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I've inspected the BB 34 at lansvale.. It's full of rust.. In need of a full restoration inc removing body from chassis which isn't worth it at the price he wanted.. You couldnt even strip it and make a dollar as that many body parts were rusted out.. The car has sat in snow if you ask me. It was never complied and most likely never will be unless a drop kick complies the car.. You basically had to hand over the cash to see the vin and import papers. If any one wants more details pm me.