SAU Community

Smsp South Wrap Up Thread (24/8/15)

luke gtr

Wow!

A massive thanks to the exec team.

if it weren't for your selfless work, we wouldn't have events like this.

What a fun, wet, slippery, social, wet day.

had a ball.

ran some decent times considering.

Please, post stories and photos here.

Aaaaaaaaaaaand, go.....

• Like 3

massive thanks for all the organisers.

Thanks for Eric for taking me out the first run, your input was actually very very helpful. Sorry for nearly putting you into the wall.

Thanks for those that gave me passenger rides later on after I had given up on my tyres.

Thanks to all the execs, members, and everyone else who made the day a great success.

I think overall a great day was had. People generally drove within their limits, and the track marshals were quite understanding of the conditions. I hope the new guys had a blast, and learnt lots about car control in a relatively safe environment.

Not my best execution on lap 20 something but thoroughly enjoyed the day until the wall got me. Thanks to all for making it easier on the bruised ego. Big thanks to Ciaron, Nick and particularly Brian for organising the first hardest part: where the f%#@ do I take it and how do I get there?!

Cheers

Scott

• Like 2

Was also going to say thanks for holding off with the pics but that is a moot point now - ianjb I'll be much obliged if you could remove the pics of the damaged 32 - thanks!

what pics :ph34r:

Had a great day driving a lemon, well done to Mr Wootten came out on top in the tricky wet conditions.

I think the R31 lemon really proved it self today with over 100 laps for testing and placing 5th and 6th outright for the day.

Big thanks to all involved in organising the track day.

• Like 3

My first trackday & I had maaad fun!

Thanks to everyone who attended. Got to hang out some cool people :)

Wasnt expecting to do the times I did in the bone stock silver GC8 - especially in the weather we had. Massive thanks to Eric (Pezhead), Brett (r32-25t)and of course Matthew (DeKA) for their driving instructions and guidance.

Cant wait for my next trackday!

• Like 1

It was a really great day, So much fun and I learnt so much driving in those conditions. I just need to grow a bigger set for turn 5

Thankyou to Eric for taking me around in the first session, his guidance really helped.

• Like 1