SAU Community

Will An Rb26 Nistune Ecu Run An Rb20? Options?

rx-line

Hey Folks,

I have recently upgraded my RB20 with an he341 holset and manifold w/ external waste gate. I am running an 8lb spring at 9psi and am about two psi points away from un-safe AFR's.

There for I have bought an RB26 nistune ECU, GTR Injectors & Resistor ballast. I know the Series 2 boards are the same but I am assuming the ecu's are far different.

I do have an RB20 ecu that is slotted for chips, are the Nistune Ecu's slotted?. Would it be matter of removing the nistune bits and putting them in the rb20 ecu?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Rx-

There is actually very little difference between an RB26 ECU and an RB20 ECU. They are basically the same thing. But the differences do make work for you that you probably don't need. Those are that the 26 ECU expects 2x AFM signals, so you have to duplex the single AFM into both inputs. And then you have to fiddle with VQ maps and shit to make it go.

Yes, Nistune installation requires desoldering the EEPROM and soldering in a socket. So if you have one, then it is merely a matter of moving the Nistune board over and breaking the jumper pad to convert it. You should go get the Nistune installation instruction manual from their site.

Thanks man,

I got the RB26 injectors and Ecu with nistune in the car. I keep uploading the rb20 basemap to the ecu and everything is fine until the key turns off and then it wants to load the RB26 feature pack.

We can change items on the rb20 map like fueling by looking at wideband.

I am getting a code for intake AIT. the car will only rev to 2700 and does this sort of soft limiter bup bup bup..

Any ideas? new to nistune.

And there is no IAT sensor on an RB20 so you will need to go into the flags and mask out the code for it.

And, don't go trying to load the RB20 maps into the RB26 ECU. You can't. You need to use a Nistune programmer to get rid of the RB26 stuff and replace it with the RB20 stuff. Then inside Nistune you use an RB20 address file to work with the ROM. As you won't have the programmer, you are going to be using it as an RB26 ECU to run RB20.

If it were me, I would not bugger around. Move the board over to an RB20 ECU. Note though that you will now definitely need to get it reprogrammed!!!!

I fixed the above problem by adding a piggyback wire from pin 27 to 35 i believe, Runs like it has some major injector pulse problems. Sounds like a Subaru to be honest.

I will have someone move the board over and re-program here in Canada. I am sure there would be more gremlins than what i am experiencing.