SAU Community

What Is This. Who Sells It.

MJTru

The photo attach i got from facebook but i cant comment. So i cant ask any questions or anything.

Seems like a a 6 speed setup on what seems to be the bell housing for an rb. Anyone have any info on this.

post-37293-14408552437986_thumb.jpg

It's a Samsonas 6 speed sequential.

Opinion of them Piggaz?

Have you heard anything about them?

1400Nm.....but thats while rolling, i wonder what a 4wd launch would do to it with sticky rubber.....

Opinion of them Piggaz?

Have you heard anything about them?

1400Nm.....but thats while rolling, i wonder what a 4wd launch would do to it with sticky rubber.....

Wouldn't have a clue. The only person I know that has fitted one is Andrew Hawkins in JET 200. Looks like a neat unit.

• Like 1

I think powertune evo (snowflake) runs this box, I think they had issues with the holinger and now opted for this box. I did look at this brand but at the time they hadn't made one available for gtr's.

Edited by QUP29
  • Like 1

• 8 months later...

Fitting one of these right now into an R32 Skyline (RWD). Not a straight-forward fit and wouldn't recommend unless capable with panelbeating/welding and general nutting things out to engineer this into your car. Maybe when they make a custom bellhousing to suit rather than using the front half of the box casing it will be easier to fit as this moves the box 200mm or so further back than stock which creates most of the fitting issues. It is a big box and is a hefty 38kg.

My car is putting out at least 750Nm torque at flywheel so needed something that could handle this and around 10K cheaper than the Hollinger given that it comes with shift cut load cell and shifter mechanism. You do have to have an old R32 RWD case though - not a problem for me!

Can check out https://www.facebook.com/topcatracing/ for updates.

• 9 months later...

Phew, it's been a long time coming but planning on hitting the track for the first round of the Street Car Championship at Barbagallo on March 18th so hope the effort pays off and the box plays ball!

BTW, they now do a custom short RWD bellhousing for the Skyline which would make life so much easier.

Edited by Nissanmania
  • Like 1