SAU Community

R34 Gtr Turbo Options

bally

Hey guys I have an R34 GTR V-Spec wth 350rwkw on 98 in an unopened motor and I'm after new turbos or even a big single to put out about 430-450rwkw. What are some turbo recommendations people have experienced for a street/track car?

I wouldnt mind keeing the standard look with two new twins as I have tomei manifolds and dump pipes but I have been researching and it looks like I'll be leaning towards a big single with a split pulse manifold with the new Garrett GTX series or Precision series.

Also I'll be selling the -7's and Power FC and going E85 along with a Haltech PS1000/PS2000.
Would I need bigger injectors?

Current setup:
270 tomei cams
tomei cam gears
garrett 2860 -7 turbos
255lph walbro pump
tomei dump pipes
tomei manifolds
800cc injectors
3" blitz exhaust system
Power FC L-Jetro

Cheers,
Bally

Fuel system to handle E85 including injectors, pump and lines. You'll need a bigger exhaust. I'd go with precision for turbo choice but that is a personal opinion, both the gtx and precision series can get those numbers.

Depending on how healthy the motor is, 450kw is a huge jump from 350kw and you can run into quite a few issues so be prepared for that. There is much more involved and you should consult someone also who is going to be doing the work for you (if they are).