SAU Community

Manual S1 Ecu Options

verm69

Found a HUGE hole in my intercooler piping where it looked like it was cut with a grinder! But i got it and about 4 other spots that were thinning out welded up... Now it pulls like a champ! But i'm now having issues with overboost (running a turbosmart eBoost Street)!

Back to the whole ECU question, does anyone have the pinout of the S1 Stagea ECU? Or know how to identify what computer you have (i've read that there are about 3 the S1 stageas run)? Want to compare the pinout to a R33 GTST pinout. I'm very very keen to run a Nistune

Its effectively the same.

S1 ecus are 23740 and then OV300 (most common) OV301 or OV310 (least common).

S1 pinouts attached

Pinouts WGC34_Series_1_-_STAGEA_RB25DET_Auto_ECU_ translated.xls

AWESOME! thank you guys! Will check it out

If its close I might even just buy a 33 GTST ECU and give it a go and report back

Oops! Sorry - you were talkng about an R34 before - no idea what the R33 looks like but I suspect that the plug will not fit and anyway the R33 can't be Nistuned. I think you need an R34 ecu.

• Like 1

My Bad... I was talking about 34 before... got mixed up

Looks like the R34 GTT will plug straight in?

Yep you may get an engine warning light for the absent traction control but you can ignore that (there is a fix for that somewhere).

Yeah, I think it will be the "Secret Squirrel" pin 51 3.6-3.7v feed trick that is used to get around the same issue with the PowerFC's

I've looked everywhere for a 34 GTT ecu but can't find one!

for everyone's refrence in the future, if you are having issues with engine check light with a 34 GTT ecu or PowerFC, this link should fix it...
http://www.sau.com.au/forums/topic/175032-power-fc-in-a-25t-rs-four-s/

Edited by verm69

Here's one: (let me know if you want me to get it for you or you can contact seller direct by hitting "buy now" on his $10 auction)...but will be at work for the next 12 hrs

This is an automated email regarding listing #: 957082555

Hi bobvanr,

The seller has posted a response to your question about 'RB25DET Neo Parts'.

icon_question.gif How much do you want for the ECU? What's the part number please?

icon_answer_white.gif 23740 0V811. $200. Cheers posted by: pati06 (53 star50.gif) 2:18 pm, Fri 2 Oct

View Auction

Happy trading!

Looks like that model is from a S2 neo Stagea... will they work? Are they the same as the R34 GTT? Anyone know?

Thanks for having a look for me though! Didn't think to check Trademe... My mum is going back to NZ in a few weeks so she can pick it up if I get it!

Edited by verm69

• 1 month later...

Ok!

Got a ECU from a 99-00 R34 GTT Manual part number 23710-AA502 and it plugged straight in and ran no problems. Only had the Check engine light come up because of the traction control issue, but the reverse light on my dash light up and everything. Sold it to a mate who needed it urgent and he's had it nistuned and is running in his S1 Stagea perfect

Looking at a manual S2 Stagea ECU part number 23740-0V801. I'll plug it in and see how it goes and report back..

but its looking like you can plug the 34GTT ECU's in without an issue, and they're nistunable. Which makes sense since you can plug the R34 Power FC in and they run fine

Theres a company ive been keeping my eye on ecumaster.com they have their standalone ecu called emu available for rb25det and soon have a plug and play module thing about this that others dont have is they have an android app and bluetooth in ecu so you can see what all the sensors are doing in real time from the source itself

Ok!

Got a ECU from a 99-00 R34 GTT Manual part number 23710-AA502 and it plugged straight in and ran no problems. Only had the Check engine light come up because of the traction control issue, but the reverse light on my dash light up and everything. Sold it to a mate who needed it urgent and he's had it nistuned and is running in his S1 Stagea perfect

Looking at a manual S2 Stagea ECU part number 23740-0V801. I'll plug it in and see how it goes and report back..

but its looking like you can plug the 34GTT ECU's in without an issue, and they're nistunable. Which makes sense since you can plug the R34 Power FC in and they run fine

im running a nistune in a manual s1 with r34 ecu , had to swap around some wires for injectors as pinouts are different, havent had any luck with the aac valve tho

Installed another R34 GTT ecu with part number 23710-AA500 and it works perfect.

I'm sure it's pretty safe to assume that any R34 GTT Ecu will run a S1 Stagea!

Now it Nistune time!

Edited by verm69

Spoke too soon... The A/C doesn't work... has anyone figured out how to get the A/C running?

I don't think it has anything to do with the new ecu. When I got my Link the a/c just worked as before.

Weird... my stock ECU runs the AC fine, nice and cold. Theres another thread where user fmlycar is running a power fc and can't get his air con working as well

I'm going to test the outputs of pins 21 and 14 across the volt meter and check the difference between the two ecu's just to be sure...

Installed another R34 GTT ecu with part number 23710-AA500 and it works perfect.

I'm sure it's pretty safe to assume that any R34 GTT Ecu will run a S1 Stagea!

Now it Nistune time!

does your aac valve work?

Yup... it actually seems to idle better!

Car runs 100% as normal mechanically, but the A/C doesn't work, and you get an error light from the traction control... Everything else seems to run 100%

I ran the 34 ECU for about a week and it boosts well, idles well, runs well, starts perfect

Hey Guys,

I was in the process of installing a Type4 nistune board to my R34 GTT (ECU Code 23710-AA502). Well the tuner I took it to completely screwed the install and ruined my R34 ECU. I've taken my car to another tuner who says he has a Stagea ECU (not sure what series) to see if it will be compatible with my R34 and nistune board.

Has anyone tried this? pretty much the opposite to what Dave is trying to do here. It's hard trying to find an R34 ECU in Vic.

Also Dave, I checked the nistine website regarding S1 stageas. This is straight from thir FAQs page. It says ER34 and Stage 2 Stageas will fit exactly.

10. Do you stock anything for R33 or R34 Skyline

You have the following options:

ER34 Skyline (R34 GT-T) / Series 2 Stagea

These have the RB25DET NEO6 engine. Both use the Type 4 board
Series 1 Stagea uses a Hitachi model ECU and does not support taking a daugtherboard

• 4 weeks later...

Yes, you're correct... the S2 Stagea ECU SHOULD fit the R34, but you'll loose traction control and probably Air Con... but it may be a different plug, so maybe not... Same reason the S2 ECU doesn't fit in the S1 Stagea

If you're looking for an ecu, i would suggest you join the Facebook group "RB 20/25/26 South Easy Qld Parts for sale"... there are always R34 ECU's on there... just post a WTB. I would have had one spare i could have sold you, but a guy didn't come through, so i only have one on me at the moment. I'm trying to buy them up when ever i seem them for sale :woot: