SAU Community

Couple Of Northerners Coming To Mel-bin

Cadmoon

My car nearly got to the gor but seems to have blown a head gasket. Anyone know a good transporting mob?

Oh no!!! There's a good tow truck guy - Jack - who helps members out but not sure if he will get you back to QLD or not. Give him a call, tell him you're visiting member from SAU QLD and see if he can help or know someone who can... 0419 877 437

• 2 weeks later...

Oh no!!! There's a good tow truck guy - Jack - who helps members out but not sure if he will get you back to QLD or not. Give him a call, tell him you're visiting member from SAU QLD and see if he can help or know someone who can... 0419 877 437

I reckon it'd be cheaper, and probably faster and easier, to get the car to one of the many reputable mechanics around Melbourne and get a new head gasket installed then drive the thing home.

This might be a bit too late, but if you're looking for some amazing roads (i guess this applies to anyone) and are willing to go outside the city limits...

-There's a forest south of warburton with powelltown + the ada tree that cuts through to MT bawbaw. Unbelievable twisties. Vicroads has this signed at 100, it is not safe to go 100 at most points (funny how they claim to care about safety yet leave rural roads like this often with dangerous advisory speeds, yet in the city they will speed trap commuters.). Completely dead at night and paved well.

-North of melbourne airport, there's a road that cuts through wildwood (enter at the first roundabout right near the icecream truck, keep going straight and follow the road). Careful as HWY often chills south of here, but they rarely go up further north to where this road is. More great twisties and be careful near the end, there's a turn that is signed for 40, it f**king means 40 on the downhill. Shit's scary.

-West of geelong, take 1 of the many side roads through farmland towards lismore (see those salt lakes on google maps, it's near there). Long straights with minimal dips. Good for some real world dyno ;)

I know heaps of amazingly fun roads that are less frequently traveled and can be more specific, if people are interested :)

These roads are great for scenery in the daytime and sometimes it's nice to just have a night-time drive without seeing a single other person on the road.

Edited by Ashleee
  • Like 1