SAU Community

Where Is The Manual Mode Switch ?

Stealth400

It's the big round thing under the steering wheel to the right...... You put the pointy thing that came with your car in it and turn and It makes the car manual for you to control.... Amazing stuff really. Technology these days just blows my Mind! BOOM[emoji378][emoji95]

Edited by Lakes101
  • Like 1

I'm thinking Lee has an error code he wants cleared?

Plugged in the consult II 1 error code "Manual mode switch" this will not clear at all

The manual shift worked fine before I pulled the engine and fully stripped and rebuilt it. Left the box in the car and only unplug from the engine, leaving all harness's wires plugs where/next to final place been.

Reason for not pulling box out with engine was space plus subframe was easy to clean off with the CV grease ect covered all over it.

Is this the switchpost-92288-14436852006203_thumb.jpg

Cheers Lee

It's the big round thing under the steering wheel to the right...... You put the pointy thing that came with your car in it and turn and It makes the car manual for you to control.... Amazing stuff really. Technology these days just blows my Mind! BOOM[emoji378][emoji95]

Cheers man you learn something new every day.

Is it you 1st day to school too ?

• Like 1

I don't know about a manual mode switch. Was your car a converted auto or always a manual? If it was a converted auto there is a bit in the DIY section on manual conversions which tells you which fuses/terminals under the battery you have to short out to allow the engine to assume that the g/box is in neutral so it can start.

A quick search suggests your pic is of the auto g/box ecu

as far as i knew, auto ecus work fine but you need to trick the "park switch" and some other switch into beleive its always in gear.

Like so
DSC05438.jpg
The plug at the top has been looped to complete the inhibitor switch circuit so the car believes it is in Park

I've never worked on an C34 but I'd say under the centre console. It looks like a logic control unit so it'll be looking for the position between the gear selector and then opening the circuit to the steering and stick shift switches and sending that back onto to the tranny control unit. They're often hidden in and around the centre consoles on other cars. I'd say given the simplicity of it's function, if it was all good then dead after install, you've probably accidentally loosened a connector.

• 7 months later...