SAU Community

M35 Drivers Window - Sickness Then Death

MrStabby

Drivers window has been playing up in that auto wind up would get to 2/3rds up, then reverse back down. Holding the button would make it power though with a tiny pause. Now the window is stuck at 1/3rd up and wont move in either direction. I guess the first step is to check all the fuses in the drivers side footwell - unless someone knows the right one. Anything else i should look at?

The 2/3rd up issue was a seperate issue for you. That is caused by it losing its programming for height. Once you remove the door trim if I remember rightly there was a black sticker around the centre of where the motor sits. If you remove that sticker it gives access to a button that allows you to program the height the motor goes up to. I can't remember the exact process used to program it. But I'm sure you will be able to work it out.

• Like 1

. Remove the Door Panel

2. With the door open, lift UP and HOLD the Window Switch until the Window is fully closed.
* Do not use the Window auto-closing function
* Do not release the Switch before the Window is fully closed
3. Get inside the vehicle and close the door.
* You need to close the door so the Door Switch is fully depressed
4. Press and HOLD the Window Regulator Motor Reset Switch. While holding the Reset Switch, press DOWN and HOLD the Window Switch until the Window is fully opened.
Do not use the Window auto-opening function
* Do not release the Switch before the Window is fully opened
mddX3ucs.png
5. Release the Reset Switch. Then, lift UP and HOLD the Window Switch until the Window is fully closed.
6. Open the Door to release the Door Switch. The Window Glass should partially move down.
7. Re-install the Door Panel.

• Like 3

. Remove the Door Panel

2. With the door open, lift UP and HOLD the Window Switch until the Window is fully closed.

3. Get inside the vehicle and close the door.

* You need to close the door so the Door Switch is fully depressed

4. Press and HOLD the Window Regulator Motor Reset Switch. While holding the Reset Switch, press DOWN and HOLD the Window Switch until the Window is fully opened.

Do not use the Window auto-opening function

* Do not release the Switch before the Window is fully opened

mddX3ucs.png

5. Release the Reset Switch. Then, lift UP and HOLD the Window Switch until the Window is fully closed.

6. Open the Door to release the Door Switch. The Window Glass should partially move down.

7. Re-install the Door Panel.

This needs to be added to the m35 über thread

• Like 2

My drivers window gets stuck at 3/4 also but makes a slipping teeth sound like the worm drive is shot. I check out my bushes and as Scotty mentioned they were also very worn. I bent them out so they contacted better and it fixed half the issue(new bushes would be better)...still need a new system I think.

I have one new aftermarket window motor here, these are probably your best choice as most of the drivers window motors are flogged by this stage.

I have done the same a few times, cleaning the commutator and bending the brushes in will keep it going a few more weeks/months.

Everything's back together with a new motor from Scotty. However, when i open the door for step 6 of the reset procedure, there's no window movement so i'm guessing it hasn't taken.