SAU Community

Fuel Cut When Go Up Hill

YangLIU

Boost isn't a indication of flow, since part throttle going up a hill will most likely have the BOV slightly open the AFM output can spike(I agree it prob won't goto 5v). I don't know enough about the ecu OEM mapping to have another theory. However I suspect the ecu calculates Rpm vs AFM vs tps for fuel cut. So 2500rpm with 15% tps and 4psi may be a cut trigger. My turbo is laggy so it probably doesn't trigger the same cut point your does.

Wiring the Greddy ultimate in yourself is a real pain and easy to get wrong (took a while for me to get right with Scotty's help and I'm an engineer ;-)) patch loom would be worth the $ he also knows how to stop the ignition coil fault CEL from coming up.

Good to know about the OEM map causing cut at 21psi as I'll be there soon. Do you block the line to get past it or change the scaling with a different sensor?

Edited by BoostdR

Boost isn't a indication of flow, since part throttle going up a hill will most likely have the BOV slightly open the AFM output can spike(I agree it prob won't goto 5v). I don't know enough about the ecu OEM mapping to have another theory. However I suspect the ecu calculates Rpm vs AFM vs tps for fuel cut. So 2500rpm with 15% tps and 4psi may be a cut trigger. My turbo is laggy so it probably doesn't trigger the same cut point your does.

Wiring the Greddy ultimate in yourself is a real pain and easy to get wrong (took a while for me to get right with Scotty's help and I'm an engineer ;-)) patch loom would be worth the $ he also knows how to stop the ignition coil fault CEL from coming up.

Good to know about the OEM map causing cut at 21psi as I'll be there soon. Do you block the line to get past it or change the scaling with a different sensor?

firstly i blocked the stcock boost sensor to bypass 21psi limitation (even though i only run 18psi)

2ndly, yeah, it is good options to get patch loom to avoid wiring mistake, or at least i could sell the whole emanage setup easily.

for EMU, are there many H/W versions or can pick any EMU in market? i am going to grab one from JP directly.

also for the EMU sensors, i know there are many sensors for EMU. do you know which sensor i should go for EMU working with our m35?

thanks

Preferably a type E EMU. I have a type D running ok but I did have to fix a design issue where an IC got knocked off the board.

Do you mean MAP sensor? I use the greddy 3bar and a water temp sensor from a ce lancer. Auto tune is setup with an innovate lc2 wideband which also simulates the OEM narrow band so I can use the standard sensor position in the turbo dump pipe whilst the OEM ecu still runs closed loop at low load.

Edited by BoostdR

I used a small air reg set to 8psi, but I suspect you can just shove a ball bearing in the vac line, or disconnect the hose and block it. (if it's anything like a 34.) I have done it on a few cars without issue, but they were getting tuned.

I found the factory o2 location a little close for the Innovate, it updates so fast and the mixtures aren't smooth until further down the pipe, not to mention the heat, but if it's working for you it certainly makes life easier.

• Like 1

I do like the fast update and close proximity to the turbo it enables me to trim the acceleration enrichment easily. I also expect this is why the EMU auto tune function works well as the EMU software doesn't allow for a delay vs load setting like other auto tune ecu's(MOTEC etc).

pretty sure the turbine does a good job at mixing the gas ;) Heat wise yes I agree, prob a couple of hundred degrees extra

• 2 weeks later...