SAU Community

Cannon/muffler Noob Help

MikeR34GTT

Hey guys,

Not sure if I'm posting in the right topic but I need a little advice and guidance with wanting to replace my stock dual exhaust with a "cannon".

All I want to achieve is the cosmetic change with a different sounding note, sound a little bit meaner or not so stock.

Every time I ask mechanically minded friends they either just say get a wog cannon or get a super overpriced new exhaust system, extractors, catback but all I'm after for now is what I mentioned above as I'm focussing more on the engine side of things as opposed to expensive cosmetic stuff.

I was looking at this http://www.ebay.com.au/ulk/itm/151744917951

How do I go about finding out if one of these is compatible with my 2000 R34 GT-T and then fitting it?

Any help or advice would be great

Go to exhaust shop.

You're so helpful Ben, have you read some of your older posts or any of your posts? You sound like someone who has got zero idea. But we know you do have an idea but aren't willing to reply with a sensible answer.

Why do you bother posting?

Any muffler can be cut welded and new hangers made. So any muffler you choose can be made to fit any car. Expect around $80 to have this done.

• Like 1

You're so helpful Ben, have you read some of your older posts or any of your posts? You sound like someone who has got zero idea. But we know you do have an idea but aren't willing to reply with a sensible answer.

Any muffler can be cut welded and new hangers made. So any muffler you choose can be made to fit any car. Expect around $80 to have this done.

Pretty much, I'm new to Skylines and this forum in general but I've fancied Skylines since I was a kid and want to learn as much as I can, I look to this forum for that and am often chastised or given little to no help/advice or just smart remarks. If you have the knowledge, just share it, don't be a tool. Christ.

Thank you for that, all I could ask for. Not too keen on rolling into an exhaust shop not knowing what I'm talking about, so figured I'd get a rough idea here first.

The reason threads like this get such zero effort responses is due to the fact that it has been covered a million times.

If op searches Google and even YouTube then he will get everything his heart desires.

And just welding a canon is going to sound as poo as drilling a hole in your exhaust.

Where would he go to get that done?

If I didn't help he would still be puzzled.

Just food for thought for now mate, once I tick off the vital things I wanna do, I'll start making little modifications such as this and work my way up but the way it runs is definetely priority now.

What you should do, well what i did was go to the import wreckers and find a Jap catback system, it wont cost you much and you can install yourself... it will sound nice just like you want, if the muffler says JASMA then it wont draw unwanted attention when normal driving.. Later on you can change the rear muffler or whatever if you start making lots of power..

I would avoid exhaust shops because in my short experience with them all, they are wankers!!! They'll probably fit some shit parts, take the car for a good flogging and return it to you with the front bumper scratched plus a nice big bill... :spank:

Go to an exhaust shop and say you want a cannon muffler put on. They put those on civics and hyundais everyday of the week.

If you want something worthwhile, get a 3" catback

What's one of those worth roughly?

Just a rough idea, this will be my next upgrade after the Splitfires

Let me know how you go if you decide to go with just a new muffler. Currently in the same boat as you deciding whether to just get a new muffler for sound and looks or whether to get a full system (might do this down the track).