SAU Community

M35 Seating Options

Philr32

What's everyone do with seats in their M35? The standard ones look quite flat and not very supportive in corners. Anyone can confirm? So what would alternative options be? I take it theirs aftermarket rails so you could bolt in bride, recaro, sparco etc easily? Anyone know if V35, 350Z or any other performance Nissan seats would bolt in easily, whether using the stagea rail or the rail from the V35, 350 etc?

Ah yea pretty sure there's another guy with R35 seats Beregron or something like that I think. 350Z seats would be good if they weren't a huge headache. If they're a head then the gains aren't really worth it, probably better to go aftermarket

350z & V35 seats are the same design, you can get them in a bunch of different trims, material, leather, half n half and they are pretty much straight bolt in.

Biggest issue with my V35 seats was getting the wiring to work because the seats weren't electric beforehand but even that was a 15 minute job.

post-116816-0-68912300-1448508141_thumb.jpg

post-116816-0-93134800-1448508173_thumb.jpeg

I'm also looking at an M35 and wanted to look at options as I think the standard seats are probably fine and comfortable for the most part but I have a recaro in my current car and love how it hugs and holds me in. One look at M35 seats and you can see they aren't going to be amazing at holding you firm where you want to be.

Get it on the track or up in the mountains and you will be using your knees to hold your arse steady. You sit on the stock seats, not in them, and they are high enough that you stare at the rear vision mirror instead of the road. My seats dropped my arse at least 3 or 4 inches at a guess. I suppose it depends how fast you want to go around corners at the end of the day, and how tall you are.

Awesome, so all the bolt holes lined up?

Yep, lined up perfectly! No issues.

So why do people change there m35 seats? Are they just average or are you used to a different seat? Looking at purchasing a m35 I'm 6ft and 100kg. Is this a urgent change needed?

I'm 6'1 and not a light guy by any means, the stock seats although ok comfort wise are too high (head touches the roof) and have no side support, if you event half heartedly take a corner you'd slide everywhere. V35 seats are about 50mm lower and a hell of a lot more supportive.

Get it on the track or up in the mountains and you will be using your knees to hold your arse steady. You sit on the stock seats, not in them, and they are high enough that you stare at the rear vision mirror instead of the road. My seats dropped my arse at least 3 or 4 inches at a guess. I suppose it depends how fast you want to go around corners at the end of the day, and how tall you are.

For me its just below knees on outside resting against that pocket to hold myself gets annoying and sore after a while

Interesting you guys have trouble with height. I'm 5ft 10in and 92kg but I'm very short in the legs so have an upper body the length of someone about 6ft 2in, and I can get the seat low enough to have a decent amount of head room. My wife, who's only a fraction shorter than me (but in proportion so shorter in the body), jacks the seat up high and that starts to get tight but otherwise I've had no trouble with clearance. It took a while to get used to the base height after my Commodore but otherwise it's fine.

Maybe they changed for the facelift models?