SAU Community

Stagea Pm35, Mca Suspension Upgrade

HI all,

Wondering if anyone has fitted MCA post-141903-0-38005000-1449029499_thumb.jpgor other type/supplier with coil over type rear shock spring combo to a PM35 ARX 2WD Stagea to replace original setup which you may know has spring independant of shockpost-141903-0-72829200-1449029527_thumb.jpg. Potential problem being that all load will be carried through shock mountspost-141903-0-65870100-1449029557_thumb.jpg rather than load carried through original independant spring and shock mount/s only carrying shock loads which obviously is less than that of spring.

Any advice much appreciated. If anyone has dealt with MCA suspension in Queensland/Landsborough. Can you recommend them?

Thanks

Hence why I would stick to BC's.

MCA are great to deal with, My evo7 is running their red series without issue and I have heard nothing but praise for them, but... I don't get why they designed the M35 Stagea gear like that. The top shock mount is weak and fails stock even without the spring around the shock. As you can see they have had to brace and gusset the top mount to get it to handle the forces, but will they warrant your chassis long term against failure? Perhaps that's the question you should ask Josh.

Hence why I would stick to BC's.

MCA are great to deal with, My evo7 is running their red series without issue and I have heard nothing but praise for them, but... I don't get why they designed the M35 Stagea gear like that. The top shock mount is weak and fails stock even without the spring around the shock. As you can see they have had to brace and gusset the top mount to get it to handle the forces, but will they warrant your chassis long term against failure? Perhaps that's the question you should ask Josh.

Thanks for reply/info. Yes I can see how they have added support to top shock mount. Josh assures me that it will be fine. But I suggested it had not been proven long term. Only 2 M6 bolts to secure it, so not convinced it will be fine. So planning to probably retain factory spring and have no spring or very light spring around Shock. Yes, so far he seems good to deal with. Thanks Scotty