SAU Community

Number 6cl Keeps Dropping Out

centoproject

Update managed to pull injectors and rail turned car over with injectors plugged in and facing in the air all appear to be spraying equally :angry: any ideas throw them my way please :action-smiley-069:

Ideally at this point you would send the injectors away for cleaning and testing but otherwise you could at least swap out no 6 with another injector and see if the problem moves or stays at no 6

• Like 1

Ideally at this point you would send the injectors away for cleaning and testing but otherwise you could at least swap out no 6 with another injector and see if the problem moves or stays at no 6

good call i will try that first as for cleaning if i can move the issue with swapping injectors i will upgrade the oem ones :) thanks i will report back tonight

not yet pal although i think i will tackle the more likely candidates i think 6 runs intermittently due to number 6 manifold instantly evaporating water on a cold iso start unless the intake cam has gone and there is enough vacuums to partially draw through some of the mixture on 6 just seams unlikely and the valve train is almost silent at low idle just hear the injectors i will get the new spacers on tomorrow and test things out see if it moves swapped 6 and 1 injector to see if the problem moves :)

All assembled and the issue stays at 6 also another thing coming back from the test drive and this has happened before video attached best explains the issue please note the backfire and also the soot

plus the engine dose run smoother than this regardless of 6 being out of action

http://youtu.be/ilUMXeQUqMQ

It would be unlikely that the ecu is to blame but would be good to eliminate it if you had another known good one to swap out.

Actually would be worth checking the pins - pull the ecu plug out and have a good look at the plug and socket.

It would be unlikely that the ecu is to blame but would be good to eliminate it if you had another known good one to swap out.

Actually would be worth checking the pins - pull the ecu plug out and have a good look at the plug and socket.

i will have a look tonight pal :) my friend with a top of the range diagnostics computer will be trying to get codes for me for both this issue and the abs issue

just to confirm again 6 is defornetly down after idling for about 5 mins i could grab No.6 manifold runner

now this is just a thought but if say 6 intake cam was snapped could the fuel from 6 injector pool and run into 5 causing the sooting and popping or is that a bit far fetched ?

as for ecu i should have mentioned that i had attempted to install a ecu master det 3 piggy back after playing with the settings for a bit trying to get it to adjust fuel settings it ran fine then boom i shut it off and it wouldn't start again so i removed the set 3 from the loom at the ecu plug end and still no fire up so i pulled all plugs and dried them out and cylinder by cylinder it splutters back into life (please note that there has always been a misfire and idle issues ).

Just dive in man and get those cam covers off and see what's going on. Make sure everything looks normal and put a ratchet on the balancer bolt and turn the motor clockwise by hand and check everything turns as it should.

If there is nothing obviously wrong it should only take an hour and a bit all up including putting it all back together.

Just dive in man and get those cam covers off and see what's going on. Make sure everything looks normal and put a ratchet on the balancer bolt and turn the motor clockwise by hand and check everything turns as it should.

If there is nothing obviously wrong it should only take an hour and a bit all up including putting it all back together.

will do tomorrow afternoon i will start

also on a side note some f**kwit appears to have cut the consult diagnostic port of ? well its not there anymore :( after my mate got his computer out as well ! is there a way of getting a pinout for making my own ? or should i just install a fresh unmollested loom remove all the boges ?

• 2 weeks later...

still not given up been researching and found that timing out a tad and possible poor fuel flow caused by pump or fuel pump 12v feed apparently voltage drops as idle so common cure is constant 12v feed through relay also I'm changing timing belt and ancillary belts while I'm at it also converting from visco fan to 12v

Edited by centoproject

still not given up been researching and found that timing out a tad and possible poor fuel flow caused by pump or fuel pump 12v feed apparently voltage drops as idle so common cure is constant 12v feed through relay also I'm changing timing belt and ancillary belts while I'm at it also converting from visco fan to 12v

Fan conversion a retrograde step in most cases.

right i will stick with it then on other updates found a boost leak on all injectors upon removal of the rail i had noticed that the vac line for the fpr smelt like fuel could this be my problem all along poor or intermittent fuel flow/pressure waiting for serpentine belts then i will re assemble along with the disco fan :yes:

having changed and timed the engine serviced all of the belts ect 6 is still dead sprayed water on manifold from spay bottle and 6 runner hardly evaporated so timing is out of the question starting to think its somewhere in that loom still getting spark ect fuel volume is identical to other 5. so frustrating..... is this the most problematic stagea ever ?? determined to get it sorted ! may go full aftermarket ecu and new engine loom.. may look into spark plugs next go more basic...