SAU Community

Gtr-registry.com : All R34 Gtr Vins/production/model/colours/etc. New Findings Inside!

Hi,

After spending a signficant amount of time collecting information on all R34 GTRs, I have now made the information public by putting them on an easily searchable website:

The full table takes a while to load as there is a lot of information being downloaded and sorted. While I understand some of this information has already been discovered, this is the first time that I'm aware of that all VINs have been found and the information made public. I've also found a new colour that was painted on a single car, which is BNR34-010003.

The new colour is QT1 Icelandic Pearl White.

BNR34-010003.png

Here are some other findings:

11,382 R34 GTRs built.

996 nur.

285 M-Spec nur (not 250).

711 V-Spec II nur (not 750).

365 M-Spec (not 228).

37 V-Spec N1 (not 45).

338 Midnight Purple II (not 300).

There was 9 Silica Breath M-Spec nur built. There is not a single TV2 Bayside Blue M-Spec or M-Spec nur. Nor is there a single QM1 White M-Spec or M-Spec nur. There are 118 Bayside Blue V-Spec II nur's accounted for, that's 17%. It's not even the second rarest colour for V-Spec II nur!

I have noted in the Notes section the first and last of each colour/type and also the V-Spec N1, V-Spec II N1, M-Spec, V-Spec II nur, M-Spec nur, and nur build numbers. Go find yours!

To see all of the numbers, click on the Colours tab.

You will also find a production page which lists off the numbers built per month/year for each type of R34 GTR.

To see all of the numbers, click on the Production tab.

Using the VIN search is easy. At the top there is a filter. If you wish to see how many Blue V-Spec II were built, simply filter TV2 Bayside Blue and V-Spec II (there's 603).

There is also a search box on the right. If you wish to see all of the cars with your model codes (the last 5 letters/numbers), simply type them in (for example, AAJCD). If you wish to narrow that down to those with the same colour as you, use the filter at the bottom.

Scrolling to the bottom of the VIN page yields an explanation list of almost all of the codes and options (just a few rare ones are missing).

There are 36 very interesting extries when the following VINs are entered into FAST:

bnr34-002554

bnr34-003063

bnr34-003833

bnr34-003974

bnr34-004584

bnr34-004585

bnr34-004793

bnr34-004795

bnr34-004796

bnr34-005048

bnr34-005431

bnr34-005434

bnr34-005438

bnr34-005454

bnr34-005461

bnr34-005631

bnr34-005773

bnr34-005775

bnr34-005779

bnr34-005784

bnr34-005785

bnr34-005872

bnr34-006285

bnr34-006295

bnr34-006689

bnr34-006692

bnr34-006716

bnr34-006727

bnr34-006955

bnr34-007038

bnr34-007043

bnr34-400900

bnr34-400911

These 33 bring up a very peculiar message:

"special version(except for aj), or nissan limited version

look it up after you confirm an incumbent car".

incumbent.png

Then there is these 3 which announce the message:

bnr34-005660

bnr34-005665

bnr34-400862

"they are autech vehicles

Please contact Catalog Inquiry Group of NML-PARTS<G60>

And then crash out of FAST. Weird...

autech.png

Searching Google brings up no results... It is possible that these are related to the Z-tune. If you have any further information please let me know.

How you can help:

If you think you know something that isn't here and could be of use, please let me know! Simply respond in this thread and I will be using this and several other GTR websites for feedback.

Skylinesaustralia.com (Australia)

gtr.co.uk (UK)

skylineowners.com (Europe)

gtrcanada.com (North America)

Please keep in mind that a significant amount of this information was extracted manually, and I may have made some minor errors. However I'm confident overall that I've found ALL R34 GTR VINs (even 17 pre-production series 2 VINs which I don't believe anyone knows about).

After checking all 1,000,000 VINs, the rumoured 2x 2003 R34 GTRs do not exist and are simply untrue rumours, unless they do not have a BNR34-###### code and were never entered into Nissan's database (which is possible).

Submit information! - Coming soon

A submit photos and information about your car feature is coming - this is a registry after all :) I'm going to try and keep auction results as well. Simply click on the VIN of a car, submit some photos and information and after I approve it, it will go live. I'd love to collect as much information especially on the rare versions - V-Spec N1, V-Spec II N1, V-Spec II nur, M-Spec, M-Spec nur and also information on UK GTRs.

Hope you enjoy this site which I have spent about 100 hours to produce.

Thanks to Brendon and Steve for their major help in this project, and to several others (you know who you are) with minor help with cross referencing codes.

Cheers,

sin

• Like 5

Absolutely remarkable sin.

Thank you for decoding the BNR34 enigma re...

* sequence number

* turning wiki and Gorodji research data on its head

* numbers of each model manufactured

* confirmation, magnification or dilution of the perception of rarity

Wonderful job!

Thank you for your work.

I would add the color of 198 Midnight Purple III to the list, I think it's pretty interesting that they are fewer MNP III then MNP II.

Here are some other findings:

11,382 R34 GTRs built.
996 nur.
285 M-Spec nur (not 250).
711 V-Spec II nur (not 750).
365 M-Spec (not 228).
37 V-Spec N1 (not 45).
338 Midnight Purple II (not 300).
Edited by keynex

Hey, quick update as I need to go out for a few hours. Thanks to "Brad" and IronChef I have been able to fill in many 'missing' VINs. I have put the list in to the FAQ & Feedback section and I will update these in to the main database very soon. This has changed some of the final build numbers obviously.

I may have solved the "Incumbent" error message that comes up for 33 cars. First we'll exclude the 6 LX0 cars as these have A001Y model codes which I believe is for internal cars.

That leaves 27.

This all started from Cam who gave me information about a well known car in Australia with a very special VIN. I then talked to the owner Tessa (gotta love FaceBook sometimes) and found out some very important information. This car has a 17 digit VIN like the UK GTRs. I then looked at the magazine article I had at home of this car and discovered what I consider 2 more very important pieces of info:

a) The fuse box cover is in English not in Japanese like the rest (inc UK cars).

englishfusebox-s.jpg

b) There is an additional Nissan plate on the firewall that the Japanese ones don't have

additionalnissan-s.jpg

Which immediately struck me that these were exported as vehicles to be locally delivered. The other give away was the Y as 14th digit code.

Now looking at the UK GTR cars, the model code is YGB1Z.

Looking at the model codes of the other 27, we have:

YHN6Z x10 (series 1 vehicles)

YSN2Y x10 (series 1 vehicles)

YNZ2Z x5 (series 1 vehicles)

YNZ5Z x2 (series 2 vehicles)

Back to the UK cars. Digit 15 and 16 is GB. GB = Great Britain?

For the other 3, HN = Hong Kong, SN = Singapore, NZ = New Zealand?

In my opinion, 10 were exported to Hong Kong, 10 to Singapore and 7 to New Zealand and should be taken out of the regular numbers and added to their own columns such as the UK GTRs in the colours section.

I'm also debating whether I should change the VIN in the main VIN listing page (I won't at the moment but I may change them later).

Thoughts?

Also added a new section VINs of Interest at the bottom of the main VIN page.

Edited by sin-
  • Like 1