SAU Community

Fixing The Rear Camber And Ride Height

post-142398-0-96930500-1454458988_thumb.jpg

Hey guys

How do i fix the rear camber and raise the ride height? As you can see with the setup i have now the tires dont fit the rims because the car is lowered too much and there is some camber. The front tires are the same but with coilovers so i think i can fix them up its just the back ones that are the problem.

Any advice would be most appreciated thanks.

...........wut

the tires dont fit the rims because the car is lowered?

what are you trying to fix? do you want negative camber to fit wide wheels under a low car?

camber is the only thing squeezing the wheels (which are either too wide or the wrong offset however you look at it, you aint fixing that without new wheels) under the car.

raising it will reduce some natural camber but then your wheels are going to poke out more.

do do you want to raise the car and remove the negative camber?

that pick tells us nothing, also what is your current setup? wheels specs, what has been changed?

what suspension components are you using? do you have adjustable things like coilovers or adjustable camber arms ect.

Edited by GH05T

i want to fix the camber and be able to fit tyres onto the rims without having them stretched. The tyres that are on the wheels atm are stretched. The front has coilovers not sure about the back. I dont have adjustable camber arms but im looking into buying some for the back. Im not sure what the wheel specs are. Basically what i want to know is what do i need to fix the rear camber and how to fit the tyres properly.

Sell wheels and buy wheels that fit within the guards.

Get adjustable upper arms to adjust camber. You may get away with adjustable bushes (e.g. Whiteline).

You may have to get new suspension (or second hand rear struts, but who know what will happen to your handling).

take the wheels off and see whats been installed, if you have excessive negative camber it may have aftermarket camber arms already, i cant see from that pick but it may be from being too low.

and are you saying its got coilovers in the front but nor rear and is low all round? thats a bad combo.

nothing is going to make those wheels fit though, bigger tires (which may be more suited to the wheels) are never going to fit the car, you can bandaid an offset too high but not too low, those wheels do not fit period.

do this:

- new wheels that fit the car.

- "if" the aftermarket suspension is adjustable raise it back up or,

- get coilovers, stock structs or new suspension to suit the height you want and get the car to the required height (good move)

- IF the camber is still too negative get new camber arms to suit (probably stock)

Edited by GH05T

Well you could do as you say. Raise the height so the tyres don't foul the guards at rest then fit tbigger tyres. But just as the boys said above, they will now poke put even more, especially if you also wind off some camber. And they will probably still foul the guards on bump.

Yeah you have the wrong wheels - sell them and get something with a sensible offset. There's no other solution. As an added bonus you wont have to worry about getting defected any time a cop pulls you over. :yes:

If you want to keep the current wheels, you can look at wider guards or rolling the guards.

Have a look in there in case if PO has installed spacers.

Fixing camber at that height will bring the top edge of the tyre closer to the wheel arch.

Adjustable lower and upper arms can help you bring in the wheels a little if they dont rub on the inside.

The CV joints can slide in more if needed, but dont go too far.