SAU Community

Therapy

GTR-N1

Tomorrow I'm supposed to begin therapy for a woman who came a couple of weeks ago, after she'd started hearing a man's voice.

I refused therapy then because after testing, she demonstrated a severe shortage of serotonin, dopamine and noradrenalin.

It all happened after she'd shot up with a bad batch of smack in December. The voice she's been hearing is that of her dealer. Now, the dealer is accusing her of following him. Apparently he shoots up too.

She takes her psychotropic drugs ad hoc. The precursors that she received from me are being taken ad hoc as well (says an informant).

Looks like she'll be refused therapy again! The voices win.

Literally the only thing I took away from that was that you refuse to help someone who doesn't submit to a chemical regimen first.

Please tell me there was more of a point Terry. I may be a difficult prick here, but I'm not really sure what your message is.

• Like 1

Merely asked a question. He's a professional, he can handle an uneducated 27 year old asking some questions.

If he doesn't want it, he's welcome to ignore it as was done in the illicit drugs thread.

And the situation gets worse...

Last month I couldn't intervene with someone wanting to get off speed.

His doctor said he'd been born with tremors and that his Dad had used acid and his Mom, hydroponic weed.

Genes.

Good time for me to retire, but...

Therapy won't work until brain neurotransmitters are up to speed.
I don't prescribe drugs.

I prescribe (from test results), precursor nutrients that feed the neurotransmitters.

For example...

* Tryptophan + Vit B3 > 5HTP > Serotonin

* Phenylalanine > Phenylethylamine

* Tyrosine > Noradrenalin and Dopamine

* Taurine + Glutamine + B12 > GABA

• Like 1

Tomorrow I'm supposed to begin therapy for a woman who came a couple of weeks ago, after she'd started hearing a man's voice.

Wow! It usually takes me more than a few thrusts

• Like 1

Ok terry, I apologise for jumping the gun on that one. I don't quite agree on your theories though I won't dent their potential, I just don't quite agree with the insistent direct correlation between depression and neurotransmitter imbalances. I know from unfortunate experience that temporary depletion can cause a drop in mood, however I don't think this is necessarily the underlying issue for everyone.

For what it's worth though, have a look into supplementation of 5-HTP in conjunction with EGCG - a compound in green tea that apparently inhibits an enzyme responsible for metabolism of 5-HTP, allowing it more chance to successfully cross the BBB for possible conversion to serotonin.

Edited by Trozzle

I mainly check on ancestry lines of brain neurotransmitter deficiencies.

I presented a paper on this at Melb. Uni. in August '86.

The alarming revelation that has surfaced in the past 18 yrs though is the evidence of neurotransmitter deficiencies in people without ancestry aberrations except only for the Mum and/or Dad who'd used certain illicit drugs.

Alcohol usage also exacerbates the problems even if it doesn't necessarily cause them.

Bear in mind things like lead poisoning and potential genetic damage that may have caused (on top of the already evident aggressive behavioural disorders). Things our parents were exposed to besides their choice use of recreational drugs, like Glyphosate (Monsanto's Roundup), BPA and any other xenoestrogens/similar hormonal 'analogues' be they synthetic or plant derived (not likely the latter).

I must stress on your own point of certain illicit drugs. I disagree with the way you place any and all recreational/illicit drugs into the same harmful group as though LSD is somehow in any way as bad as a-PVP (Flakka). I feel that those views are primarily based on anecdotal experience, which I understand carries a lot of weight behind it for many individuals myself included, which is why I offer anecdotal experience to the contrary in that my parents both used recreational drugs prior to my conception - primarily cannabis (not whilst pregnant, of course), with the occasional psychedelic. I'm fine. My partner's parents were actually very very much the same. She's fine.

So I know that's not of any value so far as conclusive evidence goes, but I'm sure you understand it influences my beliefs on that subject.

Anyway, ultimately I'm glad to have learned your actual approach to these issues. Whilst I still may not agree with your deductions and underlying causes, it's good to see you don't just throw psychotropics at patients until they have no emotions anyway. IMO, the rampant prescription of SSRI/SNRI's is abhorrent.

Like Forrest Gump's mother said, "Do the best you can with what you've got."

And on top of that, I pray...

I've been trying to retire, but sh!t comes down at night in the 'burbs.

Troy your comment "that my parents both used recreational drugs prior to my conception - primarily cannabis (not whilst pregnant, of course)," is interesting. Common sense as you allude to here, would suggest to not consume drugs whilst pregnant. However throughout my career I have seen approximately 100 children who have been negatively affected by their parents consuming drugs whilst pregnant...very sad.

• Like 1

Troy your comment "that my parents both used recreational drugs prior to my conception - primarily cannabis (not whilst pregnant, of course)," is interesting. Common sense as you allude to here, would suggest to not consume drugs whilst pregnant. However throughout my career I have seen approximately 100 children who have been negatively affected by their parents consuming drugs whilst pregnant...very sad.

Honestly not sure what you're saying (with regards to what I said)....but yes I can only imagine you'd have exposure to the results of drug use whilst pregnant through your work :(