SAU Community

R34 Gtr Badge And V Spec Decal Position ?

etang789

I found 11mm from the bottom of the bootlid

and 25mm to the bottom corner of the R to the edge of the bootlid

and 30mm to the top corner of the T to the edge of the bootlid

The vspec/vspec II stickers sit vertically within the right, right side tail light (the bigger one, if u drew imaginary lines straigt down) a little closer to the right side

• Like 2

I found 11mm from the bottom of the bootlid

and 25mm to the bottom corner of the R to the edge of the bootlid

and 30mm to the top corner of the T to the edge of the bootlid

The vspec/vspec II stickers sit vertically within the right, right side tail light (the bigger one, if u drew imaginary lines straigt down) a little closer to the right side

So what I did with the V-Spec sticker was it came with a marking arrow, and I lined that up to the center of the bigger tail light. I hope this is the correct way.

Forigive my shitty paint skills but this will explain what i mean a bit better

you might have to save this image and zoom right in to see it better

I think I get what you mean with the GT-R Badge. Will work on that next.

• 1 month later...

I've found the factory brochure photos which show the V-Spec and V-Spec II decal locations. Looks like they should be sit fairly central within the right, right side larger tail light as mentioned above however the V-Spec decal marking arrow appears to line up to the centre of the larger right taillight and the V-Spec II decal marking arrow appears to line up to the right hand edge of the inner circle of the larger right taillight. So that said you shouldn't line up the V-Spec II marking arrow centrally with the taillight as it will make the decal sit too far to the left, I've seen a few photos on google where it looks like this is what people have incorrectly done. Check out my attached photos which probably show it better.

post-76488-0-36826300-1457752520_thumb.jpg

post-76488-0-20111300-1457752533_thumb.jpg

post-76488-0-37381400-1457752540_thumb.jpg

post-76488-0-52846600-1457752590_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

A lot of genuine Toyota badges come with an alignment cut out.

Looking at the photos that dark-knight uploaded, it looks like theres also an alignment arrow.

Someone with more knowledge may be able to confirm this.

Yes both the V-Spec and V-Spec II decals have alignment arrows (I called them marking arrows in my above post). The yellow line in each of the photos is where I believe the arrow should line up with.

Also worth noting there is an upper and lower "ridge" on the rear bar, the decal should be positioned evenly between these two "ridges" as shown in attached photo.

post-76488-0-92175200-1458567938_thumb.jpg

Edited by dark-knight

• 1 month later...

Sorry to hijack this thread - but how do you guys feel about putting a R34 GTR badge on a R33 GTR? My R33 GTR badge got damaged recently so wouldn't mind trying something new.

Pro:-

* It's a more modern look of sorts

* It'll stand out more

Con:-

* GT-R owners will know

* Some GT-R owners will shake their heads

* A keen buyer might think that the rear has been damaged at some point in time

Thanks

Pro:-
* It's a more modern look of sorts
* It'll stand out more

Con:-
* GT-R owners will know
* Some GT-R owners will shake their heads
* A keen buyer might think that the rear has been damaged at some point in time

Thanks mate - well, I decided to go ahead with it anyway and the badge is on there...looks very nice in my opinion but I noticed 2 things about it...

1) the r34 GTR badge is a little smaller that the R33 one

2) The red painted area is more dark and bloodish red so looks a bit different

Therefore to make the badge look more proportional on what is a slightly bigger bootlid area on my R33 I had to move it up a bit from the bottom and slightly more towards the left but looks good in my opinion so no no worries there...I suppose it's still putting a GTR badge on a GTR so I won't be hung for treason! lol also, they look quite similar anyway

• Like 1