SAU Community

Sau Qld Active?

scuderiaa

Hi all,

Mike here, I am a member of SAU VIC and my wife and I have just purchased property in Pimpama and will be moving up to QLD in a few weeks!

I have done a lot of reading on the forum, facebook etc and just wanted to ask a few quick queries if I may, as I am a bit on the fence about selling the car before I move (I dont really want to).

I didnt really expect it to be on par with melbourne however from the outside it seems the action up there is pretty quiet? I notice on the recent happy laps thread only 2 or 3 people seemed to attend...The forum is pretty quiet, there is no facebook page (which is used pretty heavily in VIC for events and meets etc). There is pretty much a meet on every single weekend in melbourne whether you want to cruise, show or whatever. After a quick scan through facebook I cant even really find that many car clubs or meet/cruise groups in QLD let alone JDM groups. I was wondering how much action is up there and is it worth going to the trouble to get my GTT 34 up there? My wife also drives a V35 250GT and we also have a Mazda tribute for towing as im keen to see some dirt bike action up there, so three cars is not really ideal. I'd love to keep my 34 but only if im really going to get chances to use it as I dont use it as a daily, if those chances wont be there in QLD then I would consider parting with it..

Seperately I'm also going to be on the hunt for a decent mechanic and obviously we need RWC's done. I saw another thread someone asking for a place to get RWC back in November (that has zero replies), and there is another thread asking for mechanic recommendations where people state one of the mechanics mentioned has done some very nasty things to some engines, but haven't stated who it is. Can anyone give any real advice here?

FINAL question - my wifes V35 currently throws a P1111 fault code, some kind of weird issue with the ECU that looks like it needs to be replaced. car runs fine though. is this likely to prevent me getting an RWC? not too up to scratch on the laws up there.,..

Thanks in advance for any advice. I have attached a pic of my car last week at a charity event (I didnt have time to wash it before I left :)

Mike

12744272_10157179212165206_4106743220487

Hey Mike, SAU Qld is still active but only just. Sadly the forum's are, for all intend and purposes, dead. We have a Facebook page (sauqld) but it is also fairly quiet.

The honest truth is that there is little interest in a club up here any more. We currently have 40 financial members on the books and maybe half of them are active in events. I've tried many things to get attendance up but I'm running out of options. We try to hold events semi regularly but it's a lot of work for 1 or 2 people and not very rewarding when 5 cars show up.

There is a fair few JDM and general meets and the odd cruise but I personally don't like associating with many of the people that attend them.

I'm from the north side of Brisbane so I don't know any rwc or decent mechanics on the Gold Coast. Most of the serious enthusiasts up here do all the servicing themselves but I do know a few decent workshops in Brisbane and a good rwc guy of you're willing to travel.

As for your wife's car, that will depend on the place you take it. There's nothing in the rules about fault codes failing you but some guys still might. Generally of you're getting a rwc for your own car they're more relaxed than if you're selling it.

Hold this helps Mike.

Michael.