SAU Community

Rb25det Best Performance

I thought they are re-branded SARD injectors. They were trouble free in my R33 for bit over a year before the 5x零 injectors went in.

ATR43SATCBB internally gated for a RB25det cost $1650 to build, that includes braided oil line, high pressure actuator, and manifold spacer.

Power Enterprise injectors are absolute junk Tao!

At that rate you might as well get Five O junk too lol.

Better off with Nismo 740cc injectors and be naughty and set the base pressure at 3.5 bar.

Agreed.

Oh, he was pushing the Five O junk a couple of years ago if you don't remember. Must be getting kickbacks. :P

warning.... warning..... warning guys please take it easy i can't keep up with all you just mentioned

and the reason why i bought the 550CC (NISMO) because iv'e been reading like crazy lately and i found this info on http://www.nzefi.com/

and beside im about to go for Link G 4+ ECU (LinkGTR) one directly fitted to my loom

so for the turbo i will be going Holset HY35 (10cm) single scroll the price is pretty to my pocket a Z32 MAF and MAC boost controller 3" greedy intercooler and 3" Exhaust oh and an after market side fuel rail + Tail westgate fitted to the stock manifold

for the worst scenario lets say that iv'e reached a no returning back point

how many HP will get from this setup ???

• 3 weeks later...

ok guys what iv'e done so far

i bought the Atom Link G4+ ECU

Precision Turbo 6266 + TAiL westgate 38mm 18 PSI

Nismo 550CC side feed + LS1 coil packs and wire set

3" Apexi Intercooler with 3" down pipe

AEM fuel pump 340 LPH + Sard fuel regulator

Greedy style Intake Manifold + 80mm throttle body

and now i would like to buy the Oil cooler but i dont know the right size like would 2 Raw or 30 or ???

what are your suggestion ...

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

i would have gone for larger injectors as per mentioned previously.. i thought id be set with mine..but as per everyone else i wanted more once i had access to that sweet sweet e85. i run an older ss2 turbo from tao (hypergear) and it makes your power goals very easy and its excellent on the road... it comes down to the right parts not the most amount of parts.

rb25dets are well known for making your goal with some decent bolt ons..
ditch the plenum for now.. money better spent else where.. the standard will be more then capable.
get what ever oil cooler you can fit where you plan to fit it.. i run a 4 row atm sits snug between the rad and fmic.
also get some good tyres... theres no point in having 400 horses if you cant put the power down (you want a fast car yeah?)

choose your turbo carfuly.. (if you havnt already got the 6266) you can make your goal on a large turbo but it wont be fun on the road because itl be lag city and youl be well over the speed limit when you hit boost and also again youl need very good tyres for the sudden kick in power... get a turbo that will make your goal with a little bit of head room.. ideally.. the better response and toque makes a better street car.. power isnt everything.

also dont forget the clutch.. if your runnning the standard or equivalent replacement... youl shit your clutch out in a heart beat when you reach you goal.. better to do it before you get up an going.. so you can bed it in before it has to handle your power

lastly check the rb25det power results thread. its got almost everything anyone who ever whats to build a 25 could ever need inregards to builds.. specs..boost pressures etc etc.

okay thanks for the info but i guess i will stick with 550CC injectors and no i didn't bought the 6266 turbo yet i found my self lost between those 3 turbos

1- GT30 GT30R GT3037R

2- Kinugawa GTX Billet Turbo Bolt-On 3" Anti Surge RB20 RB25DET TD06SL2-25G 10cm

3- BorgWarner S300SX3- S360 T4 .91A/R Turbo

so what should i chose or are those even worth buying ??

:unsure: HELP

If you are using the Link you won't need the Z32 (or any) AFM as you will use the MAP sensor that comes with the Link instead (hope you specified the 2.5bar one... although it is a bit marginal... if you are tight on funds you won't want to buy a 3 or 4 bar sensor).

You will also need a Mac Valve with which the Link will control the wastegate.

If you are using the Link you won't need the Z32 (or any) AFM as you will use the MAP sensor that comes with the Link instead (hope you specified the 2.5bar one... although it is a bit marginal... if you are tight on funds you won't want to buy a 3 or 4 bar sensor).

You will also need a Mac Valve with which the Link will control the wastegate.

Yep its true i wont be needing the AFM and for the MAC i was planing to buy the (Innovate SCG-1 Solenoid Boost Controller & Wideband ) and i guess it will do the job

Your 3x options of turbos all suck..

Here's my recommendation (in no particular order)

GTX3071R

GTX3076R

GTX3576R

Borg Warner EFR6758

Borg Warner EFR7064

Borg Warner EFR7670

Hypergear SS2 Ceramic Bear Balling

Hypergear ATR43 SAT

okay those turbos are good indeed and for GTX3071R,GTX3076R, Borg Warner EFR6758,Borg Warner EFR7064, Borg Warner EFR7670 are out of rich due to the pocket limits

as for Hypergear ATR43 SAT its affordable so i went to check their website and i found that i should chose an options ...... !

ok i know my limit is 400 so i would go for 450 just in case but what should chose for the turbine housing ? Turbine housing:

T3 .58 turbine

T3 .63 turbine

T3 .82 turbine

T3 1.06 turbine

T3 Rb25det Turbine

and thanks peeps

go .82 rear

I had their older circa. 2012 SS2 turbo on the stock manifold and an external gate welded off the rear housing and it managed to shit out 325kW on E85 with 24psi tapering down to about 22psi up top.

I now run the new Hypergear SS2 .82 albeit has the Ceramic BB centre and the gate is now on the manifold... It's going back on the dyno again in a few weeks as the tune needs to be worked on as the turbo flows more air.

go .82 rear

I had their older circa. 2012 SS2 turbo on the stock manifold and an external gate welded off the rear housing and it managed to shit out 325kW on E85 with 24psi tapering down to about 22psi up top.

I now run the new Hypergear SS2 .82 albeit has the Ceramic BB centre and the gate is now on the manifold... It's going back on the dyno again in a few weeks as the tune needs to be worked on as the turbo flows more air.

Thanks mate i will place the order today and when i am done i will post everything that i have done + Pic's ^_^

If you already have the 550 injectors they should be good for over 500hp on petrol so they will be fine.

yep they are already waiting to be installed and thanks i will try to hit the 400 first then i will try more if it is safe.

again thank you all for your support ^_^

Yes the ATR43 sounds good but again i dont know what is best bolt on turbo or Externally gated one ??

and if i go with the bolt on one should i keep the stock intake manifold or use the gready style intake manifold + 80mm throttle body ??

​please advice im totally noob on this

Thanks

The ATR43G3SAT is the one engineered for RB25det engine. It can be built internally gated or externally gated with bush or ceramic ball bearings. You can find it in our site under ATR43 internal and externally gated section. My personal favorite is the ceramic ball bearing version.

and if i go with the bolt on one should i keep the stock intake manifold or use the gready style intake manifold + 80mm throttle body ??

​please advice im totally noob on this

Thanks

Stock intake manifold and throttle body will get you to your target hp. But if you have already bought the Greddy copy and 80mm throttle body and would rather install it than sell it go right ahead.

The ATR43G3SAT is the one engineered for RB25det engine. It can be built internally gated or externally gated with bush or ceramic ball bearings. You can find it in our site under ATR43 internal and externally gated section. My personal favorite is the ceramic ball bearing version.

Stao thanks for replaying this post if you may could you DM me i would like to know more before i order ^_^

Stock intake manifold and throttle body will get you to your target hp. But if you have already bought the Greddy copy and 80mm throttle body and would rather install it than sell it go right ahead.

K, thanks mate i thought of installing it too but i wasn't sure .....