SAU Community

R's Day Is Coming!

GSX-R35

Just wanted to share the info to my fellow American Skyline and GT-R owners:

Skyline Syndicate, a small group of devoted enthusiasts is organizing the first ever R's Day at historic Laguna Seca on November 26!

Rs50_zpsbawcyjub.jpg

More details to come:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/966811440038128/

23GT: Mark Your Calendars: R's Day Is Coming!

• Like 3

will be expecting plenty of pics and vids!!! :woot:

I'll try to post some up once it comes around. Right now my biggest concern is getting my Nismo R32 all buttoned up in time for it. Of course, when we get that done the big question is which GT-R I'm going to take. Good problem to have I guess lol.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I like the idea that R32 Skylines are now allowed into the US, big market but I wonder if they will spend the type of money for the GTR Skylines as they are now starting to rise in price.

The cars there seemed so cheap compared to OZ's with our crazy luxury import taxes etc and it will be interesting to see if it affects our prices over the next 10 years ?

It will not make any difference to me, I will be in an earn on the mantle or flushed down the crapper :)

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for the delay in replying but I've been out of town.

Too bad I'm in New York or I would go! Lol don't have a GTR but a GTS-T 4 door.

If you could make it the GTS-T would be perfectly welcome. The event is for all Skylines as well as GT-Rs.

As the presidential elections get closer, do you think that purchases of collectible cars will slow down as the economy will probably slow down?

I like the idea that R32 Skylines are now allowed into the US, big market but I wonder if they will spend the type of money for the GTR Skylines as they are now starting to rise in price.

The cars there seemed so cheap compared to OZ's with our crazy luxury import taxes etc and it will be interesting to see if it affects our prices over the next 10 years ?

It will not make any difference to me, I will be in an earn on the mantle or flushed down the crapper :)

The economy's been pretty healthy (2015 was the highest in history for car sales overall) and R32 prices have steadily risen. If anyone doubts the enthusiasm of the US market for Skylines and GT-Rs, a pristine 1989 that wasn't special other than its low miles sold about 2 months ago at the RM Auctions for $82K USD. Regular R32s GT-Rs are still trading in the $20K range so prices are still crazy. It remains to be seen if that'll settle down as later cars become eligible. It should but Americans obviously love Skylines.

Should be a good time, will be a longer drive from Southern CA, but will be fun.

I'm coming from Arizona so I've got an even longer drive lol.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

For some reason quotes don't seem to be working for me right now but to answer the posts above:

- The guys who founded the Skyline Syndicate group are pretty much all West Coasters so that dictated the choice of venue. I agree a more central place like COTA would be nice but of course how this first one works out will have to be seen first.

- B-Turbo, is there something specific you want to ask the organizers? I'm not one of the event organizers but I am part of the FB group so I can try asking for you.

• 4 weeks later...