SAU Community

Hks Hi Power Catbacks

Looking to get the best sound out of my RB3025neo without being over the top loud, have read heaps of threads, want some fresh opinions

Setup details- RB3025neo , 260poncams, topmount, GT3076, 44mm tial, E85, 3 1/2inch dump and 100cell cat, current 3 1/2inch catback with jap middle muffler and X force large oval muffler..

Options so far

1) Cut jap middle muffler out and keep rest of system

2) HKS hi power 409 catback

3) cut Jap middle muffler out and replace X force muffler with Magnaflow, then add second Magnaflow if too loud...

So which will sound best , will a HKS catback with restrictors still be a restriction if using E85??

Edited by AngryRB
  • Like 1

overwhelming responses, thanks dudes lol..... went with HKS hi power 409 biches.. will include go pro footage in build thread in couple months for those interested :thumbsup:

Edited by AngryRB

So is the only difference between the Hi-Power and the Hi-Power 409 the type of steel?

I'm potentially interested in the Silent Hi-Power as I'm coming from an exhaust that may have given me permanent hearing damage. Looking to improve upon that. ;)

Looks like the Silent Hi-Power is still available on HKS website as well as other retailers and eBay. Are you saying it's different than it used to be in its mid muffler style?

I put the Silent on my car a couple of weekends ago. It is loud. Too loud for my liking, but you may like it.

Hmm. Not that YouTube videos mean much, but it seemed relatively mild. I am looking for a quiet exhaust. I want improved performance, but if it sounded completely stock, that would be fine by me. If this is too loud, what system would you recommend? Are any quieter?

I've been reading about all the quiet ones, and it seems as though the GReddy Power Extreme II, Kakimoto Regu 06&R, and the HKS Silent Hi-Power are the top of the heap for quiet. But everyone's opinions on the best one are split (usually people just say the one they have is the best).

Seems to me, though, that the the Kaki and GReddy are pretty restrictive. The HKS is 3.75" (95 mm). So it may be the best compromise if silent is the goal but want to be able to build up HP without restricting.

No you get one custom made to make power and be streetable

If that's the case, what specifications would you recommend? I'm in the US where about 99% of exhaust shops won't even know what kind of car I'm driving. So some direction would be nice rather than spending $$$ on trial and error. Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Picked up the HKS hi power 409, i was expecting restrictions but this doesn't have the expected 2.5inch silencers, i had to google about exhaust size measurements and correct me if wrong, you measure OD right??

post-70965-0-62176400-1460016293_thumb.jpgpost-70965-0-57843800-1460016320_thumb.jpgpost-70965-0-58788400-1460016342_thumb.jpgpost-70965-0-83736200-1460016363_thumb.jpg

Seems the smallest part is the bit that will bolt to the cat , which is 3inch , this continues thru the small resonator we'll call it, then its 3.5inch, then at the flange it steps up to 3.85inch which goes thru the cannon then 5inch tip...

So this could be loud, we'll have to see but a thought a JASMA rated catback has to meet a decibel rating?? but with a GT3076, top mounted, and 3.5inch dump, maybe it will be much louder than Jasma hey...

Edited by AngryRB
  • Like 1

Yeah that will be loud.

Did your have the silencer in the rear or middle or does it look similar to this?

I can put a large Xforce muffler in the middle or Magnaflow, so should be ok for a weekender...