SAU Community

Autech Stagea C34 S2 Clicking + Power Surge

ebellis

I mentioned this issue in the "What have you done to your Stagea lately" thread, but figured I should continue it in its own thread instead of clogging up the other thread.

I made a short video that shows the issue, you can hear the click at the beginning but the power surge isn't as apparent on the clock as I had hoped, but around 14 seconds it happens again and I believe the power surge is more noticeable on the odometer.

https://youtu.be/OVl7TxaeoeM

The suggestions thus far has been:

Battery terminals

ATTESA Pump Relay

any other thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Edited by ebellis

• 3 weeks later...

Just an update, finally got a 10mm spanner and checked the battery terminals, they seem to be fine.

The power surge seems to be getting worse, or at least more noticeable now, stereo will cut out slightly when it happens, so I'm thinking it may be something other than the ATESSA pump.

Battery seems fine, voltage reading (via my headunit) shows a pretty consistent 13.8-14v

May end up replacing the battery anyway, seems to be weak starting on occasion, assuming the headunit power is coming from the alternator not the battery

I haven't done any wiring, however I'm thinking the nest of wires for the HKS EVC and Apex Turbo Timer left by the previous owner may be part of the issue

• 4 weeks later...

Found the source of the clicking, was in fact the ATTESA Pump Relay, so first going to replace the relay and if its not that then next step seems to be the ATTESA pump and/or the accumulator

Edited by ebellis

funnily enough, it was actually the relay in a 32 gts4 recently, but that had totally different symptoms.....the pump ran even when the car was turned off (because the relay's power source is battery direct not via IGN or ACC) so it flattened the battery very quickly.

the clicking on and off regularly is most likely to be the accumulator or pressure switch because it turns on to refill the accumulator (either because it leaks or because the pressure switch thinks it is not full)

• 2 weeks later...

turns out it is in fact the pump, so working on sourcing a used one, possibly from down under, and I'll likely replace the accumulator while I'm at it

my mechanic also swapped the relay for me while it was there because he had a spare one laying around, but no change

• 1 month later...

Update:

So I learned the R33 GT-R ATTESA assembly is not a direct replacement, as the mounting brackets are different, however the pump and accumulator were able to be transferred over to the Stagea brackets.

After replacing the pump and accumulator with some used parts there were still some issues, and upon further investigation my mechanic found a couple clogged points in the line, which may have caused the old pump to wear prematurely.  Car is still not 100% but we think its the accumulator so we are sourcing a new one from Nissan 

• 3 months later...

Update: New accumulator installed, 4WD light still coming on but only once the car is sitting at a stop for a while. Restart the car and the light goes away as long as I'm driving.

Next step will be to check the ATTESA control unit while the 4WD light is on to see what code it blinks out, but from some other internet research it sounds like it may be an issue with the G sensor, in which case I'll be looking at a Do Luck digital G sensor or just go for the full DTM II set up

Bonus:

Most recent outting with the Stagea to Daikoku PA unfortunately that R34 and FD got in the way of my shot :P

EeHFVsGl.jpg