SAU Community

Installing Oil Cooler, Location Problem

Hey guys, installing a oil cooler and relocation kit

Looking at mounting the cooler in front of the radiatorbut there are 2 lines(backed on itself )in the way.

Ive traced one end back to the power steering fluid resovoir but unsure of where the other side ends, i assume its some sort ot cooler ( pictures attached )

So my question is can i get a relocation kit for this and any other preferable mounting positiongs for the cooler, i cant see where the mount is possible behind the front bar left or right side.

Cheers, kind regards

post-142910-0-27139200-1459226878_thumb.jpeg

post-142910-0-85997600-1459226929_thumb.jpeg

post-142910-0-84933500-1459226952_thumb.jpeg

Have you um checked anyone else's setups?

Majority of setups are where these lines are or under the front bar infront of the air ducts on the left or right side

Does anyone know if you can get a relocation kit for the power steering lines as i am unable to find

Cheers

Yes it's for R33 but pretty much all the possible oil cooler location options are documented in this thread: http://www.sau.com.au/forums/topic/79130-r33-oil-cooler-installation/

I read it top to bottom before installing mine, great info.

Ideally you'd want your oil cooler under left or right headlight behind the front bar so it's not in line with intercooler, A/C core and radiator.

However depending on the size of your oil cooler core this may not be possible, especially presuming you have IC piping running on both sides since it's a GT-R.

Yes it's for R33 but pretty much all the possible oil cooler location options are documented in this thread: http://www.sau.com.au/forums/topic/79130-r33-oil-cooler-installation/

I read it top to bottom before installing mine, great info.

Ideally you'd want your oil cooler under left or right headlight behind the front bar so it's not in line with intercooler, A/C core and radiator.

However depending on the size of your oil cooler core this may not be possible, especially presuming you have IC piping running on both sides since it's a GT-R.

hey mate, yeah isnt a whole lot of room with the IC piping, cheers for that link i had a read, and ill have another look for potential spots tommorow.

thinking of relocating the power steering lines to fit the it infront of the ac core. not ideal spot but im not sure it will fit under the head lights.

regards

Shouldn't need to look ate if it's a well known brand.

My cooler core sat behind the power steer cooler.

Just unbolt it, install cooler, and bolt back up.

Done.