SAU Community

Help With Rb26 Oil Catch Can Puring Out

Hey guys i recently joint this forums.

I am having issues with my R34 GTR oil catch can filled up so quickly and poring out in engine bay.

first of all it is a highly build 900whp rb26 so i launched the car from 0 and leaked oil and all over went straight to the front tire.. end up with small accident rim, control arm & bumper.

so i had a this custom catch can build for me and it failed. So both valve covers has -12 lines to catch can about 1 quart with side filter.

any recommendations..

Sounds like you have a major problem. How long ago was it built? Has it always spewed oil? Patrick may be right - it could be an engine out job but have a read of the last half or so of this thread:

http://www.sau.com.au/forums/topic/110680-oil-control-in-rbs-for-circuit-drag-or-drift/

Thanks for the quick responds.

few months ago, was fully build. i have driven this car much its more like a show car, how ever, i drove car on road to and on the dyno breaking in the motor and after that tune it for 4 hours on dyno @ 9500 rpm did massive power and 0 oil in catch can.....

i drove the car around is great healthy nice power and i did first launch on car to see how it s from dead stop at 7000 rpm and drove it few miles and another launch. and started slide and hit rim at curve.

and thats when i discovered oil every where from catch can.

it is high compression build and is good no problem very healthy.

was thinking maybe i need to upgrade the valve cover to mines foam setup. and biger can...????

i'll get some photos to share

What restrictors, it just seems like something has happened after your launches, at the power levels you are talking about it won't take much for bad things to happen.

Hell, at 900 HP I recon if you get more than a couple of thousand k before a rebuild you are doing well.

And one big lean run and games over.

That can looks like it was designed to spew oil, how much baffling is in there.

Have a good read of the link that Bob posted.

BTW lots of nice shiny stuff, get that thing sorted.

well patrick so i do have the stock restrictors and valve cover factory baffle.

i did install -10 head oil drain on back of head. and i was pissed off that inside of the catch can there no baffle foam or anything.

"Head drain" is a waste of space. Read the oil control thread - strangely enough the answers are all in there. BTW what oil pump do you have?

But I thought the head oil drain is very important sense it get flooded with oil in the head .

And I have nitto pump

But it's not a drain. It's a shame you are running stock restrictors

Let's say it takes you three hours to read the oil control thread. Pay yourself $33 an hour that's $100. Say your pump empties the sump and you run the bearings or put a rod through the side - what's that going to cost you? Do the research, come up with a plan and people will let you know if its the right one if you're still not sure.

after reading for hours, well first of all thank you guys.

I did come to understand this oil issue.

I was looking at my block when did the job, it did have one restrictor on the front (2001 rb26 v spec ii)

so i don't have to worry about the rear.

I also do have NITTO oil pump and i do street race, and some track.

IMG 0082

so guys i don't know in Australia but in USA, they don't care about legal stuff like catch can need to be routed to the turbo, pcv deal. i don't think its healthy.
so i can with my plan and guys feel free to correct me
1) pull the head out,
2) port the head oil drainage to gasket size
3) Buy oil restrictors 1mm to be installed in front (heavy foot street race high rpm and some track ) tomei brand
4) Drill/port the block oil drainage lines with 10mm drill bit ( can the waste be flashed with the oil few times?) or
is it a must to pull that sucker out?
5)buy fuel cell foam and build a better baffle in the valve cover.
6)and build new catch can with baffle in side. 2x -12 and tom mounted filter
7) external head oil drain already installed. -10 to lower block.
8) use 10w60 fully synthetic oil
do i need to do anything inside my stock oil pan it is currently stock. with diff.

First I would get a compression and leak down test done.

Then if all is well I would go the restrictor.

See how it goes and maybe get a well engineered can if needed.(Sorry but I really don't like the engineering, or lack of, of your current catch can)

But that's me.