SAU Community

New Import - How To Tune A Mine's Ecu

TMLP

well yeah, greatly.

what boost are you planning to run?

what cams are you going for?

Devs will be able to give you a much better answer I can cos I don't know.

depends what runs out first, boost/fuel/....stock bottom end

Not sure what cams. But the adjustable cam gears will give a nice lumpy idle if wanted.

I will post a the specs of the parts once I have talked to Jezz later today.

Thank you all for the comments & advice as this is my first RB & I want it done right the first time.

With a very similar setup (basically the same, with more oil control) i was running just shy of 320kw at all four.

What do mean by more oil control?

Mate. I'm in Singleton an hour in land from Newcastle. I've just spent $30,000 on my engine giving my 260RS a massive upgrade with Powertune in Sydney.

I have GTR N1 - 7 turbos for sale with dump pipes. As well as lumpy cam shafts. Plus a heap of other bits and pieces off the 260RS.

My car was reliably making 415bhp with stock internals for many years before a big end bearing on number 2 cylinder packed it in.

Hit me up if you're interested to pop up to Singleton for a look.

As for Newcastle tuners. Try Black track at the end of the freeway. I rate their work highly. But they are near impossible to get to answer the phone, so just pop in one day and have a yarn to em.

Edited by Global_Warmer

as I just spent $2500 replacing The Japanese Head unit so a bit for a ECU is well worth it...

Out of curiosity, How did you manage to spend $2500 replacing the headunit?

well yeah, greatly.

what boost are you planning to run?

what cams are you going for?

Devs will be able to give you a much better answer I can cos I don't know.

depends what runs out first, boost/fuel/....stock bottom end

Jezz has ordered Tomei type b poncams and os giken adjustable camgears

I really can't rely on the factory boost gauge so I thought I could get the video output from the Halech into the aux input on my clarion head unit. Or get a multi function display that runs independently. Any thought or recommendations?

Thank you in advance.

Out of curiosity, How did you manage to spend $2500 replacing the headunit?

Clarion motorised 7" screen DVD iPod CD BUILT IN NAVIGATION reverse camera sub & amp

The navigation built into the head unit really bumped the price about $1500 just for the Clarion plus the rest & fitting

I really wanted it to look original when the screen is not in use.

Mate. I'm in Singleton an hour in land from Newcastle. I've just spent $30,000 on my engine giving my 260RS a massive upgrade with Powertune in Sydney.

I have GTR N1 - 7 turbos for sale with dump pipes. As well as lumpy cam shafts. Plus a heap of other bits and pieces off the 260RS.

My car was reliably making 415bhp with stock internals for many years before a big end bearing on number 2 cylinder packed it in.

Hit me up if you're interested to pop up to Singleton for a look.

As for Newcastle tuners. Try Black track at the end of the freeway. I rate their work highly. But they are near impossible to get to answer the phone, so just pop in one day and have a yarn to em.

Sorry been working last few days...

I have GT2560R's 7 ball already not sure of the difference, what other bits do you have?

It's in from this Saturday so I should pick it up next week. I might bring it for a run up the valley for a shake down. & catch up.

Edited by TMLP

Finally it has started, next week the power will be unleashed, I hope!

Haltech will arrive Monday morning Just the fuel pump & injectors to go in so hopefully mid week pick up & test fly....
Thank you to everyone that did reply & help me find the correct way to go, I'm confident the car will be great UNTILL I need more.
Because as I have seen everyone wants more.
  • Like 1

So I obviously gave up on the MINE'S ECU & have started down the Haltech route.

here is a link to the start of the install & pics of the parts I chose from reading this forum & from member suggestions...

So i will start a new topic with this weeks progress & the outcome here... http://www.sau.com.au/forums/topic/465091-stagea-260rs-autech-haltech-upgrade/