SAU Community

Car Unlock After Turbo Timer Turns Off

fmlycar

I have a s1 1997 Nissan Stagea with a HKS turbo timer and a Cyclops (I think) alarm. I thas just started to unlock the doors once the timer for the turbo timer has expired. From then I cannot lock the doors with the remote. Have tried other key fobs and get the same result. If I set the turbo timer to zero I can lock and arm the car as normal.

Not sure where I should start looking as it has always be fault free. I will check all fuses when I get time to rule that out, I just wondered if anyone else had encountered this issue before?

I would prefer to retain the turbo timer as I have an oil cooled only turbo and I tend forget to drive it gently when I get a couple kms from home.

For those that ever run into this issue, the anti hijack function was enabled causing the doors to unlock once the alarm detected the ignition was switched off. Disabled that feature and issue is now resolved.

Quick check with the test light revealed the fuse for 12v socket was no good. Replaced it and checked a few times and everything appears to be back to normal and working as it should. I'll keep an eye on it over the next couple days and see if anything changes

Nah its being a pos. Still has an issue. Cannot seem to work it out. As soon as the turbo timer shuts the car off, it unlocks the doors and I cannot lock the car with the remote again without turning ignition to the on position, but as soon as I turn ignition off, AR unlocks again. So frustrated, even if I manually lock all the doors, as soon as the turbo timer shuts down, it unlocks the doors.

Could it be a relay has shit itself? I can hear a relay tick when the ignition is switched off that sound like it in the passenger footwell area?

Contacted Dynamco via their Tech email, got a very fast response.

Issue turned out to be a faulty in-line fuse in an independent fuse holder that is part of the alarm loom. There are 2 side by side and the tech even identified the one I should check. Fuse was replaced and now functions as normal.

Old fuse rattles when shaken lightly, did not show continuity and was loosing voltage across it even though it didn't appear bad. One side had 12.53v and the other had 3.86v

• Like 1