SAU Community

First R33 - Just Some Concerns / Questions And Confirmation

Could my issue AT ALL be related to a dirty AFM / MAF or would i have issues above 1500RPM? Car has a K&N and i always thought the oiled filters were bad. Might throw a dry 3A Racing on.

Oh that is really cool. So, me thinking that this car obviously has had a Z32 AFM / MAF is stupid thinking ;)

I guess that means that the K&N is safe to stay in my engine bay.

I would definitely think it is tune related after seeing that it previously had cold start issues. Hopefully a local tuner can sort it. (When i say local, i mean, i have to drive 400KM on a week day and take time off work to get it looked at and then drive the whole distance back).

Any other cool information that you can tell me about my car that i dont already know? haha

Would an intake air temp sensor not have been installed with the Haltech? I remember reading there was some sort of sensor added at the time of the Haltech going in as they had to make up wiring for what ever it was!

Am i right to forget about a wideband O2 sensor to replace the narrowband or should i still get that sorted? Not made of money but, want the car to be running as well / safely as it can

Ive checked the receipts and it does already have an intake air temp sensor put into the cold pipe at the exact same time the Haltech went in, so i would say that is all fine.

Are you able to show me an example of a wideband O2? Whenever im looking, all i find are sensors that come with a gauge but, im fairly confident i need one that hooks into the Haltech and have no idea what im looking for!

If i were to get the Wideband O2, would the Haltech then need to be re-tuned and setup for it?

You can get wideband sensors without gauges, eg zeitronix zt3, check their site

The haltech would need to be setup to do something with the wideband input

Might leave it for now and when i next head to Perth, have a chat to the tuner and see if he can get the start up issue sorted. Id say it is just fueling.

On another note - Rear parcel shelf rattle - Is this a common thing? Anything quick and easy to check? Had my Mrs in the back and when she put her arm on the parcel shelf in general, it stopped. Are there any parcel shelf mounts? I hopped in there while we were stationary and theres some plastic right at the back on the parcel shelf, dead in the centre... If i wobbled it with my hand, it made a noise that sounded like it could be the culprit. Not sure what it is.

I just used self adhesive door seals under the parcel tray, make sure the rear end support brackets are still in there and also bolt down properly, they're usually either missing or lose as these cars get taken apart like 20000000000x by previous 10x billion owners and numerous odometer rewinds lol.

Thanks! I had a bit of a look last night, the back piece of the rear seats was just chilling, wasnt bolted down but it was pretty dark so i'll have to get that sorted.. Couldnt stop the rattle but in saying that, in the dark, wasnt able to work out how to get the parcel shelf out either. Will likely leave it for a sunny weekend and perhaps grab some double side foam tape or something on anywhere that looks like it could rattle! Its so annoying D: ALMOST as annoying as my starting issues.

Also found a small amount of rust in the boot where the spare tyre is meant to sit so, will be learning rust converter first hand!