SAU Community

Help, What Ecu Is This?

I imported my R33 V-Spec from Japan in Dec last year, I am having a few engine tuning (missing, loss of power & extremely rich) issues which I am working thru

I have replaced the usual Plugs, AFM, coil packs (replaced with Okada projects for future tuning), injectors tested & cleaned, manifold gaskets replaced...

Turned the V-Cam system off & still the issue remains, next step is an aftermarket ECU

I pulled the ECU out & opened it & i cannot identify what this is?

it seems to have a "Daughter board" stuck on top of the main board (referred from R33 GTR ECU pics )

Questions,

1. Is this STD?

2. If not STD what make is it?

3. can it be tuned?

4. can it be removed so an aftermarket ECU can be fitted?

as I am new to this any help would be appreciated...

post-141727-0-53354400-1462536519_thumb.jpg

post-141727-0-01825100-1462536540_thumb.jpg

Whats the part number on the ecu firstly?

I just had an auto elec trying to fix my issues and it had the wrong ecu in it all together [emoji23]

# is 2371024U01 of the front of the ECU case

Then ECU # seems to be correct when referenced by Nissan, it is the "piggy back" daughter board that I think has scrambled

The battery was disconnected when shipped & then a few times after that, possibly could have lost or corrupted memory parameters

From my on-line searches it seems to be an "Techtom" board which is apparently tune-able but I am still trying to find how & what program...

Edited by AussieR33GTR

Yes I understand that it is a STD ECU

but when I google R33 GTR ECU this is a STD comp (pic DSC00547)

As mine has a 2nd board (pic 201718) stuck on top, that is what I am trying to find out details about

post-141727-0-58598200-1462587911_thumb.jpg

post-141727-0-72566900-1462587975_thumb.jpg

Edited by AussieR33GTR

I would contact nistune. Matt would be all over the ecu's, and the different previous attempts at molding them ( I think}

Email address is on the nistune site,

I didn't imply it is a nistune board.

I said mat at nistune would likely know about other types of boards used before. I'm sure he has pulled apart a shit load of ecus

Ben,

I contacted Matt @ Nistune & he confirmed that it is a TechTom board, thank you for the contact

There are not many people in Australia that can "tune" this board so basically the ECU gets shelved

I am purchasing an Emtron this week so at least there will be unlimited tuning capabilities

I must say that the response time of Matt from Nistune was fantastic...

Ben,

I contacted Matt @ Nistune & he confirmed that it is a TechTom board, thank you for the contact

There are not many people in Australia that can "tune" this board so basically the ECU gets shelved

I am purchasing an Emtron this week so at least there will be unlimited tuning capabilities

I must say that the response time of Matt from Nistune was fantastic...

Great you found an answer.

Matt is fantastic, super helpful.