SAU Community

Volk Te37 On Rwd - What Size ?

ceejay

Hi all,

I'v searched both on this forum and on the internet generally and not found a definitive answer to my set of questions.

There is a lot of discussion out there about the TE37 wheels on teh AWD Sytageas but not much at all about them on a RWD Stagea.

My car is a Series 2 C34 Stagea RWD Auto. I want to fit Volk TE37 wheels but they must have the nice concaved look.

If I go for 17s or 18s, what width and offset of wheel could I use ?

Will that offset on a TE37 have that nice concave spoke look ?

The TE37 is not a concave spoke design. It has that nice convex spoke look.

If installed in the right offset, the TE37 spokes bend inwards going from the outside towards the middle. Thus giving the concave appearance which looks nice... see photos attached

tumblr_nu3lx5dAsW1tyh5hxo1_500.jpg

staggea1.jpg?w=1000&h=666

If installed in the right offset, the TE37 spokes bend inwards going from the outside towards the middle. Thus giving the concave appearance which looks nice... see photos attached

That really depends on the thickness of the hub itself. I've seen quite a few wheels with the same width and offset but instead of concave spokes or a bigger dish, they have just had a bigger hub.. I can't tell you why they do this as it makes it a pain to get a full set or 2 full sets of identical wheels.

The reason why i said this, is the te37 could be one of the brands?

tumblr_nu3lx5dAsW1tyh5hxo1_500.jpg

staggea1.jpg?w=1000&h=666

The top car at least is a 260RS and will be AWD

Hey Bob what were your track wheels? i remember them being 3 piece and multispoke. Can you post a picture? I really liked them.

Bought them second hand off a drifter - can't remember the brand sorry...

post-49463-0-16846300-1462684672_thumb.jpg

18x9 +30 offset would fit without silly amounts of camber needed. The silver and black stag's above look to be 260rs, so they have the narrow rear cradle (manual only) and can have a more aggressive offset.

Here ya go - 5 minutes on Google and here's what you are after - they are called TE37 Ultra Evolution Track edition (with what they call "inverted" spokes) - nothing to do with offset - they are available in a range of sizes and offsets. I suspect they will cost an arm and a leg each:

https://www.rayswheels.co.jp/products/wheel.php?lang=en&wheel=TE37ULTRA-TE

If you had bothered to click on the Link to Rays Engineering that I gave you you will see that this statement is incorrect (as is your statement that you know the model of wheel you are after). It is the particular model of TE37: "Ultra Evolution Track Edition" that gives them the inverted spoke look that you are after - nothing to do with offset - as i have already told you they are available in a full range of offsets ALL of which feature the "reinverted spokes".

17 or 18 x 8in or 9in will fit. For offset I have no idea for your car - for mine it requires different offsets front and rear.

According the the web site they only come in a 20" rim size for the ultra track edition and 19" and 20" for the Ultra

Yes quite right. Which confirms my theory that the wheels on the 260Rs cars above are Varrstoen copies (not forged but cast) which do come in 17 18 and 19 inch. Others making similar knock-offs include Koya and Rota.

If you had bothered to click on the Link to Rays Engineering that I gave you you will see that this statement is incorrect (as is your statement that you know the model of wheel you are after). It is the particular model of TE37: "Ultra Evolution Track Edition" that gives them the inverted spoke look that you are after - nothing to do with offset -

I did bother to look at the link.

Reading through it and finding that, the "track edition" is not available in rim size 18" confirmed to me that it is not the only edition that can give the inverted spoke look.

The photos below are of a car which has Volk TE37 in 18" ... not replica. These photos show the wheels to have that inverted spoke appearance which I am after.

HJA046.001.JPGHJA046.011.JPG

Edited by ceejay

If you go back to the Rays website and look through the different variants of TE37's the photos refer to the actual wheel you are looking at, I found a couple of the TE37SL variants have that look.

I found a couple of the TE37SL variants have that look.

That is right Sir. That is exactly what I am saying too. There are several of the TE37 versions that have the inverted spoke appearance.

The spokes look more and more concave as the outer edge of the rim moves further and further towards the outside of the car, compared to the position of the hub. negative offset or the smallest positive offset.

What I want to know is, say for 17" and 18" wheels, (never mind what brand or style) what is the width and maximum offset usable, which will bring the edge of the wheel closer to the outside of the vehicle but still not cause fouling with the wheel arches.

ATV-Wheel-Offset-Explaination.jpg

Edited by ceejay