SAU Community

Nm35 Intermittent Missfire

DrLui

Thanks YangLIU.

So it seems to be a common problem. I was wondering what sort of dodgy fix the previous owner had done on the passenger side with silicone on the walls of the rocker cover. There was alot less oil in that side.

The plugs look shitty and one of the

coilpacks (yellow jackets) weren't connected to the base properly so I'm hoping that this will fix the occasional miss fire.

There's no way to seal the leaking spark plug tubes without new rocker covers. They're unique to the engine, and quite expensive.

That's probably the reason for the silastic. Used sparingly on scrupulously clean rocker covers; I don't see a huge issue.

That said; when I changed my first set of plugs, the rear plug was absolutely swimming in oil, and the car ran perfectly.

Not saying it's not the issue with yours, but it may not be the "magic bullet" you're looking for.

I wasn't aware that yellow jackets had been made to suit the VQ25Det; and VQ35De yellow jackets are not compatible as far as I know.

OEM coilpacks are the best choice hands down, and at around $100-$120 per coil brand new it isn't the end of the world. 2nd hand, they can be found much cheaper.

• Like 1

Thanks Daleo,

The yellow jackets came on the car when I bought it 3 weeks ago. They had seemed to be working just fine. It was just a few days ago it started playing up. The only other thought that came to me today was that I ran a octane booster in it last week with the tank full before it started playing up. So I am suspicious as to whether it stuffed the spark plugs.

There's no way to seal the leaking spark plug tubes without new rocker covers. They're unique to the engine, and quite expensive.

That's probably the reason for the silastic. Used sparingly on scrupulously clean rocker covers; I don't see a huge issue.

That said; when I changed my first set of plugs, the rear plug was absolutely swimming in oil, and the car ran perfectly.

Not saying it's not the issue with yours, but it may not be the "magic bullet" you're looking for.

I wasn't aware that yellow jackets had been made to suit the VQ25Det; and VQ35De yellow jackets are not compatible as far as I know.

OEM coilpacks are the best choice hands down, and at around $100-$120 per coil brand new it isn't the end of the world. 2nd hand, they can be found much cheaper.

Remember meth head had them in his m35