SAU Community

Nismo Super Coppermix Single

I ended up with a twin C spec but I am pretty sure the Single was 420 PS, around 310KW. My twin is handling more than it is rated to, so I guess the single would do the same.

Mid to high 300KW, go for the twin , easy street clutch and will handle a bit more , you will always want a bit more, lol

Edited by Nismo 3.2ish

I ended up with a twin C spec but I am pretty sure the Single was 420 PS, around 310KW. My twin is handling more than it is rated to, so I guess the single would do the same.

How do you find your twin plate (feel/engagement)? What is the power rating on that?

How do you find your twin plate (feel/engagement)? What is the power rating on that?

It feels like a normal clutch and I love it, had a OS Quad before that, what a bitch without torque , as I was putting more torque down, it was getting easier around town, BUT :(

The other thing that was good for me, the Quad engaged early on the peddle and I was sitting on the steering wheel. The twin engaged much later and having short legs it allowed me to get back into a better driving position, the joys of being a short arse :)

The Twin is rated around 740BHP ( crank) about 630 awhp. I am at the limit , but I also have a lot more torque for it to handle , something like 1000Nm@4000rpm. I guess the other thing is mine is also a street car and does not get thrashed for long periods but what I do it handles easily.

• Like 1

Brand: NISMO
Product: Super Coppermix Single Plate Clutch High Power Spec SR RB

SPECIFICATIONS:
Kit Contents:
- Flywheel bolts
- Release bearing (OEM)
- Sticker
- One COPPERMIX clutch disc
- Aluminum clutch cover
- Lightweight flywheel
- Aluminum center plate
Damper: No
Disc Outer Diameter: 240mm
Allowable torque Nm (kgfm):
- Kinetic friction: 530 (54)
- Static friction: 794 (81)
Allowable output kW (ps): 309 (420)

Clutch cover:
- Pressure N (kgf): 9807 (1000)
- Type: Push

Product: Super Coppermix Twin Plate Clutch R34 BNR32 BCNR33
SPECIFICATIONS:
Kit Contents:
- Flywheel bolts
- Release bearing (OEM)
- Sticker
- Two COPPERMIX clutch discs
- Aluminum clutch cover
- Lightweight flywheel
- Aluminum center plate
Damper: Spring
Disc Outer Diameter: 225mm
Allowable torque Nm (kgfm):
- Kinetic friction: 785 (80)
- Static friction: 1334 (136)
Allowable output kW (ps): 471 (640)

Clutch cover:
- Pressure N (kgf): 9316 (950)
- Type: Pull
Weight:
- Super Coppermix: 16.54
- OEM: 18.62

Product: Super Coppermix Twin Plate Competition Model Clutch R32 R33

SPECIFICATIONS:
Kit Contents:
- Flywheel bolts
- Release bearing (OEM)
- Sticker
- Two COPPERMIX clutch discs
- Aluminum clutch cover
- Lightweight flywheel
- Aluminum center plate
Damper: Spring
Disc Outer Diameter: 225mm
Allowable torque N- m (kgfm):
- Kinetic friction: 912 (93)
- Static friction: 1540 (157)
Allowable output kW (ps): 544 (740)

Clutch cover:
- Pressure N (kgf): 10787 (1100)
- Type: Push
Weight:
- Super Coppermix: 16.76
- OEM: 18.54

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I have a coppermix single and 300rwkw. Its fine with that. But the clutch is a bitch to live with, its either on or off. On rainy days I avoid a set of lights that have an uphill approach cos I tend to slip and spin. Unintentional two lane sideways take offs are not out of the question. And I've been living with it for over 10 years so its not like I Don't know the car, but I am still learning :yes:

I have the twin C spec on my 34GTR and it is a beautiful clutch , I would have thought the single would be even better ?

Yours sounds like the Quad OS I had in before the Coppermix twin, now that was a bitch street clutch when you had no torque :(

A Nismo clutch box came in the boot along with the Nismo Diff box [and some other its and pieces] both had the original clutch and diff centre in them [long sold] and some other stuff. I kept the boxes for shed cred!!!

So my powers of deduction were that the parts ended up in my Line.....but anything is possible.

That's about all you can go off until you have to pull it down ?

I had a work sheet from before I bought my car and it had about 9 different things replacing other parts, some that you could see were on the car, but one of them was a Nismo 2-way LSD and I have not been able to confirm this. The main reason I thought it "might" not be on it was, everyone kept saying that these 2-way LSDs clink and clunk at low turning speed , mine is quiet and no shudder of any sort, feels good, so ?????

Mine clinks and clunks heaps.......but is honest goodness when you accelerate and the car goes where you want it to!!! I will check my box clutch at lunch when I go home, my memory may not be as good as I thought [i am getting older lol].

Mine clinks and clunks heaps.......but is honest goodness when you accelerate and the car goes where you want it to!!! I will check my box clutch at lunch when I go home, my memory may not be as good as I thought [i am getting older lol].

Getting older, tell me about it, 74 in 2 weeks :/

But I would love to get my LSD named one way or another, but drives great.

/\ I don't have any of Tridentts issues with the Nismo single, it drives like a standard clutch & I'd recommend anytime if it's within power range, you're telling people to avoid it & you're not even sure it's in there? It sounds like it's not

/\ I don't have any of Tridentts issues with the Nismo single, it drives like a standard clutch & I'd recommend anytime if it's within power range, you're telling people to avoid it & you're not even sure it's in there? It sounds like it's not

my twin is the same, easy as , I would question it being a Coppermix single ?

Serious apologies......I don't have a coppermix!!!! I have a Nismo GMax multi plate.Part No. 3002A RS591.

So I now look like [and feel like] an idiot and serves me right for not looking before diving in. In my defence, I kept the box but this is the first time ZI have looked at it for years, and I'm getting older so memory isn't what it used to be.

Serious apologies......I don't have a coppermix!!!! I have a GMax multi plate.Part No. 3002A RS591.

So I now look like [and feel like] an idiot and serves me right for not looking before diving in. In my defence, I kept the box but this is the first time ZI have looked at it for years, and I'm getting older so memory isn't what it used to be.

Join the club mate, lol

But if you are after a new one the Coppermix is pretty good.